SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well, I caved… Shadow Systems
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I caved… Shadow Systems Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
At the beginning of this week I knew nothing about Shadow Systems, now it’s the end of the week and I’ve got a new MR920 Combat on its way. A sales rep at Lipsey’s was giving me the scoop on them and before I knew it I told him to put me down for two. Razz I had the second one sold before I got off the phone with Lipsey’s. I like Glocks well enough, my first piece was a Gen 2, 17. I do not currently own a Glock though… there’s just other handguns I shoot better. Supposedly the Shadow System’s version of the G19 I’ve got coming is different enough that I might like it / shoot it better. Sorry, I’m rambling… I think I have Covid as well.

What are y’all’s experiences with them?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the MR and DR. My MR had an out of spec mag catch resulting in mags dropping out of the weapon during firing. Switching to a Glock part fixed the problem. Close to 3k through it since and no other problems. They're excellent pistols and I like the feature set much more than a Glock. Their CS recommends a 200rnd break in period since they are a bit tighter fit than a Glock.

Posts: 693 | Location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania | Registered: December 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good ^, thanks for that.

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I jumped in as well. Very impressed. A MR920 elite and a DR920.
I like how the backstraps adjust the grip angle, not just the size.
Zero issues.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Bought a MR920 from Zander's last year. It is an awesome pistol. The G19 will be going away.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
What are y’all’s experiences with them?

Why I prefer the MR918 over the Glock 19

Is it better? That depends on the shooter and what he/she likes or wants. FOR ME, again for me, it is. I say that having owned 30+ Glock 19s and EDCing one since 2005.

1. The grip fits me better than any 19 that I have owned or shot (with the exception of a Bowie Tactical grip reduction and a Robar grip reduction 19). The adjustable back - rear hump is a great feature. The stippling/texturing on the grip is fantastic - for me. Better than any texture on any of the different Glock 19 gens as far as I am concerned.

2. It comes with a very good trigger, better than any stock 19 trigger that I have ever shot. I am a stock trigger guy, always have been; I've only bought one after market trigger in 35 years, a SSVI Tyr trigger - and I didn't even install it in my 43, I ended up giving it to a friend. The trigger on this gun is a factory trigger, so no-one can say "oh lord, he modified his trigger; yada yada yada" something that means something to me (I know that not all shooters think that way, but I do and it matters to me, if it doesn't to you - no problem, I can understand that too.)

3. Sights - fantastic, I like them a lot. Yep, I can get Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo's for my regular 19s and I like Trijicon HDs a lot, but getting these for a stock 19 is going to cost some extra $$.

4. Barrel - I can shoot my 19s good, but with the MR918s (all three of mine) I am getting to an almost "surgical" state. I am impressed with the accuracy of these guns. Both my wife and a couple of friends who have shot these guns agree on this, my buddy is looking to sell his M&P 9c & Glock 48 to free funds for a MR918 - he's that impressed.

5. The beaver tail and undercut on the trigger guard = fantastic, I feel that these two points have been done perfectly.

6. All of the above and the fact that I can still use my Glock 19 and Magpul mags and all of the dozens of 19 holsters for this gun - a big plus (this wouldn't be the case if I switched from a Glock 19 to a different brand...)

The first one I bought cost me $720, the next two $650 each. The extra $$ was well worth it.

I really like Glock 19s, but now with these guns, I don't see myself owing another one again (unless my friend decides to do me a solid and sell me that Robar grip reduction 19 that he has... still working on that!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Awesome, congrats on the purchase.

I really didn't know much about Shadow Systems until a few months ago. A local FFL with a range had an MR920 in the rental case and being a member of the range I get free pistol rentals, just have to buy the ammo from them to use in it. I grabbed it up one day and was very impressed with it compared to my Gen5 G19 that I wasn't really impressed with (I've had other G19s over the years).

I ended up ordering an MR920 Combat (no optic cut) from a large online FFL on a black friday special, received it 2 weeks before Christmas.

Overall I'm very happy with it. I sold off my G19 and for about $175 total I upgraded to a pistol that I think fits me better and I shoot much better than my stock G19.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Good info and reviews guys! Thank you for all the info.

posted Hide Post
I have an MR920 which is the best "Glock" I've ever held, especially with the straight backstrap. The RDS mounting system is also outstanding - direct to slide, no adapter plates, long screws, takes RMR, DP Pro, and others, and has little gap filler spacers to adapt to different size sights.

But, it's still a Glock in DNA, the grip is still a little blocky, and I just prefer my Wilson framed P320's.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Sold the Glock 19 and purchased the MR920 Elite. Its everything I liked about my Glock but improved upon (Barrel, triggers, sights and grip angle). Shooting them side by side is when I realized how mush less recoil the Shadow has. I just shoot it better and the sights are right where I present the gun.
Enjoy the new Shadow, I sure do. I wont miss the Glock one bit.

Posts: 949 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I love my MR920L. It's perfect for me.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The MR920 came today and color me impressed. Pretty sweet piece. The trigger is better than any stock Glock I’ve had over the years, but it still “Glockish”. I get it, it’s the design… it’s never going to be a 1911. I really like SS solution to the grip angle. Hopefully I’ll get to shoot it soon. BTW, I see that Shadow Systems came out with their CR920 today based off the Glock 26.

posted Hide Post
Crap! CR920?
My 43x might be in trouble. That's the only glock I have left after finding Shadow.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You enablers! All of you! My next pistol purchase will be a Shadow Systems.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I listened to the CR920 description, but no specs on the site yet.
He says it will fit 43 holsters and has a propriety metal magazine.
I'm thinking it's not a re-done 26.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
I listened to the CR920 description, but no specs on the site yet.
He says it will fit 43 holsters and has a propriety metal magazine.
I'm thinking it's not a re-done 26.

Really?? I’ve been wondering if the CR920 is G26 or G43 based. I assumed it was more “26” since it held 10 +1 with a flush fit mag. If it’s more “43” sized that would be even better. Damn, now I’ve gotta buy another one!

posted Hide Post
Really interested in one but I have 4 g19’s already.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1441 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cr920 is their version of a 43. It has a metal mag hence more capacity.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the grip angle on the Shadow Systems the same as a Glock?

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have an interchangeable backstrap so you can make it 1 of 3 angles. Depends on your preference.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post