SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well, I caved… Shadow Systems
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I caved… Shadow Systems Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
They have an interchangeable backstrap so you can make it 1 of 3 angles. Depends on your preference.

Thank you Anubismp.

I have to say I'm intrigued by Shadow Systems new Glock 43-ish pistol.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've been eyeing Shadow Systems guns for a while but told my wife I won't buy anymore guns. Then they bring out the CR920. She's gonna either kill me or just do the eye roll thing again.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my.
I’ve never fired or even fondled a Shadow Systems, but followed this and other threads from a distance.
Then the CR920 was just announced at Shot. It seems like my long wished for G43XS — a Glock 43 with a G43X/48 grip circumference. This seems to have a little more meat in the grip to hang onto, a bit more of a beavertail, and able to take double stacks that are metal.
Specs from their and the Glock website:
CR 920 G43
Length 6.37” 6.26”
Width 1.05” 1.06”
Height 4.27” 4.25”
(The height with a 13 round magazine vs the flush fit 10 rounder is said to be 4.79” vs 5.04” for a G43X/48.)
Presumably similar weights, but haven’t seen those.
For me, the extra capacity is nice, but not as big a deal as a potentially nicer grip width than the G43, and the versatility to go from flush fit to 13 round mags in the same gun (like the 365).
I’m anxious to hear reports on these when they come out in the spring.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
There are lots of videos on YouTube from Shot and from Shadow Systems with good info on this new Cr920. I’m pretty jazzed about it, I got in line for a pair when they’re in stock. They have sku numbers on Lipsey’s website so hopefully it won’t be long. SS is just down the freeway from me in Plano, TX. I think I’ll try and shoot my new MR920 this weekend.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I've been eyeing Shadow Systems guns for a while but told my wife I won't buy anymore guns. Then they bring out the CR920. She's gonna either kill me or just do the eye roll thing again.

Oh this?! This isn't new, I've had this for years. You must have forgot. I had it in the shop for some work, knocking off the rust and such and just got it back. Looks better than I got it back at that gunshow, remember?

Me, I'm going to have to get my second with the DR920p. Damn them.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a MR920 black with threaded barrel. Looking good. So which parts do interchange with G19 gen4? The striker looks different. I would change mag release button, too. And rear night sight-can I do Ameriglo G19 sights? TIA

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Frame and trigger parts are universal along with sights, barrel, and recoil spring. All the different parts are all in the slide behind around the striker channel and firing pin to make things easier mounting optics IIRC.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Frame and trigger parts are universal along with sights, barrel, and recoil spring. All the different parts are all in the slide behind around the striker channel and firing pin to make things easier mounting optics IIRC.

Thanks for useful advice. I am comparing side by side with G19 that I have Ameriglo night sights on. It looks like this sight could stick out of the rear of MR920 slide if I swap it. Yep, firing pin looks different. I do have it optic ready on MR920. Do the Shadow guys sell the pin and all slide parts? I am considering carrying the MR if it is reliable. Have not fired it. Grip feels good, and the gun is lighter than G19.

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I got an SRO this week and decided the SS was as good a host as anything else. The SRO has an amazing field of view compared to the RMR… I guess that should be obvious but I was impressed.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4176 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
No. More like the 1911
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
Is the grip angle on the Shadow Systems the same as a Glock?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my new CR920 to the range today and put 210 or so rounds through it, no issues and shot like a dream. Federal AE 124, S&B 124, and a mix of Hornady Critical Defense, Critical Duty, and Winchester Ranger. And as luck would have it, got to shoot a suppressed full auto H&K MP5 from a fine gentleman in the next lane. Woot that was fun!

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When these first came out, I paid them no mind. Now, after holding/fondling one the other day, I have changed my thinking. I like the options they have and am thinking which MR 920 I want to get.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 920 by Shadow Systems a couple of years ago and it was the only pistol in my entire life that I got rid of within a week, 10 days to be exact. It was so poorly fit together that not a single mag could be fired without major failure. These guys were first inacccessible by emails and then so rude on the phone that the second call prompted my decision to sell with a loss. I will keep my G19, thank you.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a MR920 that took some rounds to fully break in, but now it functions with everything I throw at it. I put a RMR on it and it performs very well. Congrats, hope you enjoy.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really interested in a CR920 Combat. But I'm debating between that and Lone Wolf.

Can anyone weigh in on part exchangeability with the Glock Gen3 OEM? Can all parts be swapped?

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Ordered a threaded MR920 Elite today. I haven't been excited about a pistol in a long time, and I am for this, so this is fun.

Thanks for posting this thread OP.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post