SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anderson Mfg. New Kiger 9C..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anderson Mfg. New Kiger 9C.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Something a bit different from Andersons AR line, they've joined the polymer pistol world with a fancy Glock 19. The thing has a few features I like but, its really hard to best a original. I was watching a review by sooch00 on the tube. The slide cuts seem too comprehensive and I'll attribute those to a sales pitch. When will Glock copiers let their slides remain a little more basic? Nice to see Anderson show versatility just the same. Anyone by chance seen a Kiger yet?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Anderson's website, the Kiger's slide and barrel are made from stainless steel. Stainless for the slide is perhaps a positive change from the original, considering how easy Glock slides can corrode ever since they did away with Tenifer treating their base steel substrates (evidently to keep production costs down and not for environmental reasons as was once widely rumored). Carbon steel is generally stronger and tougher than stainless, but SIG hasn't had many problems with their use of stainless slides. As someone with quite toxic sweat I do get tired of wiping the brown oxidation off of my carry Glock.

Considering how the AR market is so saturated, why not expand their opportunities and breadth and join in ANOTHER overcrowded market segment like the Glock clone world? Roll Eyes

-MG

Posts: 1983 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased one. After many years of Glocks I was done with them in favor of other pistols. I found that I had a lot of Glock accessories so though I would give the Kiger a chance. The fixed a lot of things I didnt like about Glocks. It arrived yesterday. Put 300 thru it at range today at 7, 10, and 15 yards. No malfunctions what so ever. Trigger is better, grip angle is better and grip texture better than Glock in my opinion. Ran all my old Glock mags fine. Tried multiple self defense loads, Gold Dot 147 shot the tightest group.

I am thoroughly impressed so far. Shoots better than many other guns I have that are much more expensive. Will be putting a set of night sights on and it and returning to the range soon.

Fire fears me, Women love me!

Posts: 83 | Location: York, PA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
The slide cuts seem too comprehensive and I'll attribute those to a sales pitch. When will Glock copiers let their slides remain a little more basic?

Because they figure the majority of buyers want the "cool-looking" slide cutout/serrations/lightening cuts/bells and whistles, and it makes them stand out from the iconic plain, boxy Glock look.

There are a few "bare bones" aftermarket Glock slides out there, like the LoneWolf Alpha shown below, but they're few and far between.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not sure how it compares, but I think I'd have a PSA Dagger over the Kiger.
Shot a friend's Dagger & found it fit me better than the average G19.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15302 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post