SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stribog for Xmas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stribog for Xmas Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Finally found an A3 on gunbroker and winning bid was <650!
HBI brace beat it here, had the Romeo in the safe just waiting on a project
Probably gonna burn some 9mm tomorrow !

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. I was looking at that one too. Let us know how well it functions. I am looking to get one eventually some time this year.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might want to get a low mount for the optic due to the drop on the brace. The built in BUIS need a lower mounted to co-witness too.

Let us know how it works. I heard they are coming out with curved mags (more like MPX mags) to improve things even more than the new metal feed lips on the A3 mags.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Might want to get a low mount for the optic due to the drop on the brace. The built in BUIS need a lower mounted to co-witness too.

Let us know how it works. I heard they are coming out with curved mags (more like MPX mags) to improve things even more than the new metal feed lips on the A3 mags.

Added the riser, it is barely high enough for me now

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
Great gun! Very underrated. The roller delay sold me.

Mine has been GTG since I got it. Though I’m only about 200 rounds into it.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get some of the curved mags for it. It’s going to help the reliability significantly.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
For 650, that doesn't seem a bad deal. IIRC a Scorpion is closer to $1k?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
If you already have a Scorpion...A3 Tactical makes a compatible polymer lower for the Stribog that can take Scorpion magazines - including ones made by Magpul, PSA & ETS.

The lower can also use most AR triggers, Safety selectors & grips and some AR mag releases.
Looks like the lower is in the $199 range.

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshop...r-receiver-pre-order

This company makes a 7075 alum lower for the Stribog and is significantly more expensive: $375-385

https://lingleindustries.com/g...minum-stribog-lower/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Already checked those out
Gonna see how it runs first, may try the factory curved mags also
Saw rumors of a Glock lower, but don’t think they are available yet?
Seems like there is plenty of aftermarket support for the platform, which is a good sign

quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
If you already have a Scorpion...A3 Tactical makes a compatible polymer lower for the Stribog that can take Scorpion magazines - including ones made by Magpul, PSA & ETS.

The lower can also use most AR triggers, Safety selectors & grips and some AR mag releases.
Looks like the lower is in the $199 range.

https://a3-tactical-inc.myshop...r-receiver-pre-order

This company makes a 7075 alum lower for the Stribog and is significantly more expensive: $375-385

https://lingleindustries.com/g...minum-stribog-lower/

--Riff Raff--

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Still haven’t shot it
Got lucky and ran on to a A3 Scorpion mag lower locally
Already assembled and ready to run, with a CMC 3.5lb trigger
Three a magpul grip on it
Weather should be good this weekend, finally going to shoot it hopefully

--Riff Raff--

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Elk-
We are headed to the range this weekend (club, outside of Huntington) to tune up a few guns on paper and steel. I'd like to put eyes on that Stribog, one day.
If you'd like to join us, the invitation is open.
Email is in my profile.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are really nice guns. I was looking to get one myself but bought a CZ Scorpion instead, as the deal I got was really good and couldn't resist, but I am really liking what people are saying about the roller lock on the Stribog. When I picked a Stribog up at a local gun show, it felt really nice in the hand and now with the availability of it taking Scorpion mags, makes the Stribog all the sweeter. IS the Scorpion conversion lower metal or polymer? Your pics look great.

Just an fyi, Midway has the 30 round newer style mags on sale for only $17.50. Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
They are really nice guns. I was looking to get one myself but bought a CZ Scorpion instead, as the deal I got was really good and couldn't resist, but I am really liking what people are saying about the roller lock on the Stribog. When I picked a Stribog up at a local gun show, it felt really nice in the hand and now with the availability of it taking Scorpion mags, makes the Stribog all the sweeter. IS the Scorpion conversion lower metal or polymer? Your pics look great.

Just an fyi, Midway has the 30 round newer style mags on sale for only $17.50. Let us know how it shoots.

Polymer, but it looks/feels good quality

--Riff Raff--

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have had the A1 Gen 2 for awhile now and have t had a single problem with it using the factory straight mags. That said, when I saw the A3 Tactical lower I had to try it out. I’m using CZ mags and Magpul mags and runs 100% also. Fun little PCC to go along with my B&T’s.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Ordered the A3 Tactical conversion.

Looking around at drop-in triggers. The hammer width needs to be 0.265" or less.

There's a CMMG parts kit that is not very expensive and has many of the remaining needed parts.

Looking for a grip, also. Thinking Magpul might be a possibility...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
A3 Tactical lower is here.

Rise Armament "Rave 140" trigger, Rise Armament lower parts kit, Magpul MOE AR grip on the way...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post