Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New gun day Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I just picked this one up. 1991 (KB) P228. It was sent back to Sig for refurbishing (SSP) and then sent out for a refinish to CCR. I was informed of all this and decided it would make a great shooter. That's still the plan but dang it looks great too! Bonus 3 zipper back mags also refinished.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2773 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love it - congratulations!

The first thing I think of when seeing a P228 like this is the glory days of the Jack Bauer SIG-Sauer Power Hour! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Shoot it!

Looks really nice.

Nice to see interest in the real deal Sigs.

Posts: 18036 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That looks great. I've been on the fence about sending my KB P226 for the same two tone CPII treatment and that may have put me over the top.

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CCR did a great job on it!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Shoot it!

Looks really nice.

Nice to see interest in the real deal Sigs.

Thanks!

Posts: 2773 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
CCR did a great job on it!

Thanks, they really did a nice job.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Congrats! That looks great. I've been on the fence about sending my KB P226 for the same two tone CPII treatment and that may have put me over the top.

Glad to help! LOL

Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
An absolute beauty. Congrats and enjoy!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sho is purdy!

Congrats!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pistol. I wish I would have kept mine years ago.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
While I carried the 226's and 220's more, I still have a thing for the 228 and the one and done if I had to.

Great looking piece you have there!

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thank you fellows. I'll be proud to shoot it.

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
So I made a couple of changes to the P228. I installed Von Stavenhagen sights in place of the night sights (3 dot style). I have found that I shoot these better than 3 dots. Also added some Hogue G10 Extremes in black. I put a few rounds through it to check sights. I shot it pretty well slow single action from 7 yards. Also shot a few plates in DA , I need some practice there. New grips feel pretty nice.

It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Enjoy that beautiful gun! Congrats!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations on a nice addition!

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
congratulations on a nice addition!

Thanks! Smile

Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
New gun day is always fun. A 2018 safe queen P320C 9mm with night sights and three mags followed my home today for $399 plus tax.

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1744 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
New gun day is always fun. A 2018 safe queen P320C 9mm with night sights and three mags followed my home today for $399 plus tax.

Nice, sounds like a good buy!