SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Legion Login/Join 
posted
I'm in the "I need a new pistol state". I've been looking at the Legion P226 SAO model. I've read nothing but good things about it. Would appreciate thoughts from those who have had experience with this model.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
That's one of the items on my wish list, a P226 SAO...

I bought a SA/DA P226 Legion from a fellow member here back in November... it is one more sweet pistol no regrets....

I will say the one P226 SAO I fondled was in the store at the Sig Academy and it seems the safety was a little tight to me... but that would probably smooth out and lighten up over time.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one several years ago and am very pleased with it. I really should shoot it more as it has a safe queen life.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned one for a few years now. Trigger was a bit disappointing at first, especially compared to my P226 RX SAO which has an outstanding trigger, but with time and rounds sent down the pipe it is very nice now. Great ergos and sights, flat shooting and very accurate it is a great pistol packed with upgrades.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great overall package that seems to check all the boxes.

Some have recently opted for a less expensive option via 2019 versions of the prior Elite SAO or even starting with the .22LR SAO and swapping the slide assembly. But, the Legion has meaningful enhancements and is more plentiful.

It will likely be my next addition. I was going to buy one in late ‘18 but opted for the 220 version instead to further distinguish / justify the purchase in relation to my existing DA/SA 226. I love and will keep the 220 L SAO but I really “need” to add the 226.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the Elite SAO available ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thin supply on GunBroker, especially if not the RX version. Osage is still showing 2 non-RX units.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I've owned one for quite some time now. One of my favorites in the safe! Great trigger!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post