SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My FEG collection
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My FEG collection Login/Join 
posted
Was just sitting here and thinking of my goal of no more plastic guns. I haven’t posted about my love affair with FEG pistols for a while so I thought I would share some thoughts with you.

I just sold an Interarms PPK in .380 since my FEG SMC (/380) is a much better gun (alloy frame and a very smooth DA and SA). The AP22 and SMC both sport grips from Dennis Marschal in Hungary.

The AP 22, all steel .22 LR has the best magazines you can ever find on a .22 LR autoloader. This gun was pretty rough when I first got it, so after finding 3 extra very rare (and expensive) magazines, I actually had it refinished. I did loose some of the engraving on the slide, but the gun with these grips turned out beautiful. It is probably one of the most accurate .22 LR auto’s I have.

The FEG PMK (.380) is a very good copy of a Walther PP. However, it has an alloy frame and better trigger than my Walther. It has a set of grips from grips4u out of Illinois. These were advertised to fit a PA 63 only but they fit my PMK perfectly. This PMK lives in my living room displayed with that nice wood rack made by “donev7268” on one of the popular internet sales sites.

I had bought a PA63 some years ago but it was one of those with a painted instead of blued slide. I found this sample at a gun shop in Florida and it has a beautifully blued slide. I also think someone had upgraded the recoil and hammer spring since it is not near as heavy as a standard PA 63. It handles all Russian 9 x 18 ammo without a hiccup.

My search is still continuing for an APK model in .380 as well as an FEG copy of the Browning HiPower. Dennis Marschal sent me an extra set of grips that I think will fit on the APK model. So I need to find a pistol that I can install them on.

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please share them with me.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 425 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some better photo’s of the AP 22

Those magazines are unbelievable.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 425 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I had an FEG High Power back in the day.
I like it a lot and regret selling it.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39759 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a nice collection

Posts: 107614 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm down to only one, from a high point of I think three or four of the Browning copies. All nice pistols, I had the ones that were a direct clone of the Hi Power pistols. I kept this one because at the time I had a ton of .40 ammunition.

Well... And because I am a sucker for police marked duty pistols!

Lithuanian Police marked. From what I could find online, these came in as surplus in the early 2000s after a contract with FEG fell apart. Apperantly none were issued. Also told that the SN on the rear of the slide was because some were made with SN matching 9mm uppers.

Almost a direct clone of the Browning, with the exception of the lock-up, these look more like a second gen Smith and Wesson barrel lug.Mine is a bit rough cosmetically, but its a nice shooter. Kind of sits in the safe now that 9mm is no longer unobtanium locally, but still a cool pistol!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Joe, you've collected quite well.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Nice

Are those Marschal grips I’m seeing on some?

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Nice

Are those Marschal grips I’m seeing on some?

Yes, they are on the AP22 and the SMC. The FMK grips are from grips4u although Dennis makes a similar set for this model. I have a set of his grips on my Makarov also.

Trooper Joe

Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I too have a few FEGs . I do have an AP380, PA 63 of course. SMC918 and at one time a SMC380. another rather rare one is a BR 61. I think that this was miss marked by the importer as it is in 9x18m and should be a MR 61.

I have some sort of FEG380 marked as Turkish Police. I'll have to dig them out for some photos.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let’s not forget the Walther PPK/E that was made under license by FEG. Like to find one of those.

Trooper Joe

posted Hide Post
That's a cool collection. I've never seen a FEG collector before. But those are some nice guns.

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection. I've one of their Hi Power clones myself; a really sweet shooter in its own right.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Here is my little collection of FEGs

Posts: 2546 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Top row PA-63
Next row BR-61 left and SMC918
third row APK 380 and AP9

Bottom B9R

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trooper Joe:
Was just sitting here and thinking of my goal of no more plastic guns. I haven’t posted about my love affair with FEG pistols for a while so I thought I would share some thoughts with you....

Have you reached your all metal/no plastic goal yet?
Great looking FEG's you have there.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also in Hungarian made handguns, don't forget the Walam Model 48, the Tokagypt, the Model 48 (Tokarev) and the R78 in 32 acp. The first three can be found here with the Model 48 (Tokarev) being the rarest of them. The R78 does not meet importation criteria so it's never been imported.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An early version of the FEG PA-63 imported into the US by Interarms was the PPH. Apparently only offered in 1986, around 5,000 units. It was a very close copy of the Walther PP, as far as markings, serial numbers on firearms and magazines.

I have one of those, found in a local pawn shop in 1995. I was able to get an original box and paperwork from eBay.

I also have one of the early FEG PJK-9HPs, which was the best clone of the Browning HP. Bought it new in 1994.

Posts: 492 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glynn863: The FEG PA-63 (and the smaller R61) have been around since the 1960s and developed mainly as a military and police pistol for the Hungarian Military in the 9x18 Makarov chambering. The PPH imported by Interarms in 1986 you are referring to was, IIRC, only a commercial version of the PA-63 and retained the aluminium alloy frame. The PPH frame was black (unlike most PA-63s) which were left in the white. I'm pretty sure the PPH was only offered in 380acp.

I'm totally with you about the FEG PJK copy of the Browning High Power. It is top quality.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, my PPH is all black, and correct, 380ACP, or as the slide marking says "9mm kurz".

Posts: 492 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FOUND THE FEG APK MARK II I WAS LOOKING FOR

This really great FEG APK, Mark II, .380 was just added to my FEG collection.

About a year ago I mistakenly ordered this set of Marschal grips for my FEG SMC. Dennis Marschal made the correction in my order and let me keep these grips (I now have about 4 sets of Marschal grips on 3 FEG’s and one Makarov). They were for an FEG APK and I did not have one in my collection. So after a year, I found this one and installed the grips this afternoon. The black plastic thumb rest grips that came on the gun are in perfect condition and are being saved. This gun came with two magazines, the original Interarms case and all the papers and manual. It looks like it has been fired very few times and seems to be in a “like new” condition.

This seems to be the same size as my two Walther PPK/S guns and is of all steel
construction with beautiful deep bluing.

Let me know what you think,

Trooper Joe