SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P-365... Does anyone own 2?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-365... Does anyone own 2? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Looking at picking up a second P365 since I’m in the home stretch before retirement. (Once I retire I can’t buy any new guns due to our draconian roster...).

Does anyone else own 2? If so, I’m curious as to why you do?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was in a place like that I'd definitely pick up a spare of any gun I was committed to.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do - Ms. Sigarmsp226 has one and so do I. She likes the 10 rd mag and I carry mine with the 12 rd mag in mine...

I carry my daily and she carries hers in her purse when she goes out of the house....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some. I bought two initially, but not because I planned it that way. I'd heard about them, wanted to handle one, and found a range across town that had one in. I held it, and was surprised at the size. I commented that I'd love to shoot one, and they had one for rent on the range, so I shot it. I was pleased with it. They didn't have any in stock to sell, so I got on the list, and paid for the pistol before heading home.

A couple of days later I happened by a new shop closer to home, and they had just received a few Sigs; turns out several were P365's. Bird in the hand, and all, I bought one, as I didn't have to wait, I was right there, and it established a relationship with that store. I took it to the range and ran a few hundred rounds through it, and was equally pleased.

When the other prepaid pistol came in, I picked it up, and put the second one in the safe until I had a chance to wring the first out a bit.

I bought mine to evaluate; the pistol interested me so I wanted to try it out (same reason I own most of my firearms). Thus far, I haven't been disappointed, but I'm wary of the plethora of first hand reports I've encountered (many on this forum) of those who have had failures at up to several thousand rounds. Accordingly, I'm taking my time with it, and at some future point may elect to carry it.

Sig may come up with a better product at some point, but to be honest, the P365, as I've experienced it, is just what I've looked for over the years for a pocket pistol (would be great on an ankle, too).

I'd like to see Sig come out with a 15 round magazine for it that could be carried as the spare.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have three. The second I bought because I like to have a duplicate of whatever I am carrying. The third I got because it was a great price and out of all the pistols I have ever owned, I like the P365 platform the best.

I sold off the P290s and all my P320s, except for the RXs. The P365s replaced them.

Instructors at a pistol class I recently attended suggested having two identical pistols. One for training and one for carry. As the round count goes up on your training pistol, the round count on your carry pistol stays low. It's better to have your training pistol break than your carry pistol when it's needed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have two.

One is my primary carry gun. I have 3K rounds thru it. The second is a backup. I have about 1K thru that one.

There are times I might wish to carry 2 guns (like when visiting Philadelphia) so why not carry the same gun? Also, if I have an issue with my primary, I can sideline it till the issue is investigated/resolved and go with the backup.

Another reason is that god forbid I'm in a self defense shooting. Cops seize/confiscate my gun during the investigation but I still have another P365 at home that I can start carrying immediately.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have two, loved the first one so much that I decided on a second just for a backup and at the time they were very hard to find. it's been sitting in the safe unfired I even bought agent ns for it.

Pretty tough to beat the 365 imo but now that I have the 43x frame it's been fun to shoot as well.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
I have two, soon to have 3. Bought one and loved it. Bought a second for my second home in another state. Then my youngest daughter shot it. Now I'll be getting number three for her college graduation gift in a few weeks.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two and will likely add a Manual Safety version when it is available!

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I have three 43s, one stays in my car, one in the upstairs safe and one is my wife’s. The one in the upstairs safe tends to be my weekend go to and having one in the car is convenient so I don’t have to swap back and forth.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you retire, flee the state.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this is probably naive' considering it's California but what does being retired have to do with whether or not you can buy a gun ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I know this is probably naive' considering it's California but what does being retired have to do with whether or not you can buy a gun ?

Our state has a roster of firearms that can be purchased by civilians. That roster, hasn’t added a new semi automatic pistol in forever due to a micro stamping law that is required on all new handguns. As a result the P365 will never be allowed for new sales to civilians. Once I retire I fall under those laws...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two because my training- and experience- proves the adage that "two is one and one is none". Both of my 365's have been excellent.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kduly
posted Hide Post
I have two also. Around 1,500rds through the first and liked it so much I bought the 2nd one about a month ago. Haven't shot the 2nd but the first gun had 6 failure to RTB early on. It turns out that my support hand thumb was riding the slide thus slowing it down. The gun is very small so I have to be extra careful on my support hand. Once that was corrected, been flawless for over 1k rounds. I vote for the 2nd one before you retire if you are not leaving the state.

Posts: 748 | Location: FL | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Our state has a roster of firearms that can be purchased by civilians. That roster, hasn’t added a new semi automatic pistol in forever due to a micro stamping law that is required on all new handguns. As a result the P365 will never be allowed for new sales to civilians. Once I retire I fall under those laws...

Can't say I'm a fan of laws that treat some citizens as more equal than others but it's hardly your fault.

Make the most of it while you can. I'm a fan of having more than one of a gun you're serious about. When I was shopping for a 229 I deliberately bought two, for many of the reasons people already gave.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the few pistols I have more than one of.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry guns, before the P365, were the P228 (I have "some" of those) and the P290RS. I have long preferred to use a gun for the range practice sessions and a separate one for carry (once proving the function and reliability of the carry gun). So, I had two of the P290RS guns. When it looked like Sig would likely drop the P290RS, I bought a third one to keep on hand for spare parts for the other two and sure enough Sig dropped the gun from their line up. Then, the P365 came along and I got one and have been extremely pleased. It is 100% reliable and carries great. I am going to get another one so I have one for the range and one for carry. I may get the NRA commemorative version in FDE that Sig is releasing through Lipseys in May and use that as my range gun. I strongly prefer black or blued steel handguns for discreet concealed carry, but for the range the FDE would be OK.

Posts: 695 | Registered: June 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
My wife got one first. I got a jealous and had to get one for myself!

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When one could not purchase from Wholesalers, Gander had lots for sale for 450 including box of excellent ammo. Wife and I purchased one each after trying triggers and racking on several! For range use, I went back latter and purchased another.
Now wholesale houses have lots. Today, Gander will sell for 500 and include $50 script.

Pistols shoot very well at 10 yards. Prefer the 10 round mag with over hang.

For pocket carry: G42, G43, LC9s Pro, or P365.
Amazon has a $15 pocket holster that fits P365 well enough even to cover rear sights.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post