SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 X5 Short serial #
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 X5 Short serial # Login/Join 
posted
Is there a way to figure out the date of manufacture for U913XXX? I am looking to order NILL grips, but they need to know if it’s before or after 2014… The gun is on its way, I don’t have it yet.
I checked in the serial number thread and that has been closed?! Also, it only goes up to 2009 or so…
I called SIG USA and the guy on the phone actually looked up this forum and said he only has records up to 2009, I can’t believe in this day and age that they can’t give me an actual date of manufacture, LOL
Anyways, please help! Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SQUAREHEAD,

Posts: 47 | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The serial number thread isn't closed, it was rather neglected for a while. People can once again submit information, but of course it is voluntary, and it just happens that people haven't submitted more recent guns.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, OK, I thought it said ‘topic closed’… Thanks brother,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SQUAREHEAD,

Posts: 47 | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it's after 2014.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
it's after 2014.

Correct.

From my database:

P226 X-SIX B&W-9mm-U901526-[BD]-2013
P226 X-SIX E Classic-9mm-U921645-[BF]-2015
P226 X-FIVE E OPEN-9mm-U941711-[BH]-2017

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SQUAREHEAD:
Is there a way to figure out the date of manufacture for U913XXX?

I called SIG USA and the guy on the phone actually looked up this forum and said he only has records up to 2009, I can’t believe in this day and age that they can’t give me an actual date of manufacture, LOL
Anyways, please help! Wink

The reason that SIG NH doesn't have info on your SIG is most likely this. The German government imposed the export ban on SIG DE in 2014. So, any German SIGs that are brought over here since then have to go through private channels. So, SIG NH would have no info on them.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post