SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 magazine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 magazine Login/Join 
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Given a choice I will take magazines from Mec Gar over USA made Checkmates or "other" any time I have the option. All of my P320 mags are Made in Italy. I saw a bunch of new mags at one of the LGS but they were all Checkmate and I decided to pass. Last few mags I bought from Midway were all made in Italy.

P365 Magazines have all been made in USA since the introduction of the pistol, but I recently ordered one from Midway and got a shiny blue one (not the more satin blue of the US made ones) that is stamped made in Italy so looks like Mec Gar is making those too now, It's hard to know what you will get if you order them.

As for P226 mags, my Legion came with 3 USA made 15 round ones and I both a 4th, plus two USA made 20 rouns. Why Sig doesn't change to 17 rounds as standard I have no idea.

As for aftermarket mags, anything Mec Gar makes is should be fine. Langdon Tactical ships Mec Gar 18 round mags with the LTT Elite and I'm pretty sure Ernest wouldn't provide them if the were not reliable.

Here in Alaska our firearms laws are very, very minimal, all of our magazine's don't have "ammo magazine limits" like the lower 48.

Thanks to Grayguns for my Sig P320 parts. Smile Smile
Thanks to the forum members for their imput. Smile Smile

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Alaska is not the only state with no magazine capacity limits. I agree it has good laws pertaining to guns (or the lack of restrictive laws), but it's not unique in that regard.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
quote:
Originally posted by 99623:
It's a "factory Part" from Sig Sauer, not trying to split hairs, however I am trying to keep it with "factory parts" the factory may have sourced from another place, then stamped it with Sig Sauer.

If you visit/read this forum regularly, you will be thoroughly educated on where parts come from and what works.

I'm really grateful for the Sig Sauer P320 help. It's actually a easy firearm to work on, and the striker system is nicely thought out. I have several different types of pistols, revolvers, long guns, and I'm not prejudice, I like all of my firearms, each and every one of them.

I carry a traditional 1911, a heavy bastard, I use a factory 45CAP 240 grain hollow point. I believe that if you are going to use a firearm, you need one that will put any "problem" down with extreme prejudice.

I have a plethora of firearms in my armory, and before they are put into the armory I detailed every one down to the screws, making 100% that they are in EXCELLENT firing condition, some are pristine, some are hard workers, I make sure every firearm has been checked for headspace, trigger pull, everything.

Picture of 99623
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Alaska is not the only state with no magazine capacity limits. I agree it has good laws pertaining to guns (or the lack of restrictive laws), but it's not unique in that regard.

Alaska has one important law on the books and that is you must notify the law enforcement officers that you are in possession of a firearm, concealed, open carry, or in your vehicle. Other than a felony unable to possess a weapon it's a great place to enjoy range time with your firearms. I'm always busy repairing customers firearms, test firing them, so I'm not able to get any ranger time in. I can grab almost any handgun and use it in a emergency.

I was very busy in my younger years for decades on the range qualifying monthly, both combat, and regular qualifying and I just finally burned myself out.

The ATF laws are the only laws we have to abide by, as long as it's ATF legal you can have anything you want, cannons, fully automatic weapons, anything ATF legal. So we have firearm clubs for "specific weapons", like fully automatic weapons as a example.