SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone tried adding finger grooves to their Gen 5 Glocks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone tried adding finger grooves to their Gen 5 Glocks? Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi, all.

I am one of those unicorns whose hands magically meld with the finger grooves on Gen 3 Glocks. They lock in my grip perfectly. Gaston somehow acquired a mold of my hand when he designed the grip and finger grooves. For this reason, I have only owned Gen 3 Glocks up until I purchased a G43 and G48. I find I really miss those finger grooves on the slimline pistols.

Has anyone tried adding finger grooves to their Gen 5 Glocks? If so, what process did you use and how did it turn out? Note that I'm not worried about resale value or that kind of nonsense. I hand stipple all of my Glocks to my liking, and plan to do the same to my G43 and G48. I'd like to try to add finger grooves to them somehow first, though.

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

Chris

Posts: 2337 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
https://www.hogueinc.com/grips...ze-grip-sleeve-black

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So just buy a Gen 4.

Edit: nevermind. I see you're after the tiny ones. Don't see any way of doing that besides a sleeve. I guess you could build it up and sculpt it.

Posts: 1900 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The old school way was to truck bed liner it and shape it to your liking. Never done it before.

Posts: 7424 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
You may try some Brownells Acraglass. I’ve seen videos where it was used to sort of build up and add carbide grit to 2011 style poly grips. Possibly Marine-tex.

Might be worth getting an AR 15 grip or something to test on.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8345 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got the hogue grip (with beaver tail) to add thickness

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post