SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I stopped on the way home from work and one followed me home.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I stopped on the way home from work and one followed me home. Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
All this talk of P220s lately and I wanted to hole a stainless elite to see if I had a fondness for one as I have a P220 Compact. Well they had none Frown , oh well. I did notice a flyer for a Remington sale and flipped it open. The R1 enhanced with a threaded barrel was on sale, so I looked at it. I've seen the enhanced before but not the threaded barrel version. The price was too good to pass up, so I said what the hell. It even has the tall sights for shooting suppressed although they are one dot sights. That may change. Cant wait to fire it tomorrow!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
All this talk of P220s lately and I wanted to hole a stainless elite to see if I had a fondness for one as I have a P220 Compact. Well they had none Frown , oh well. I did notice a flyer for a Remington sale and flipped it open. The R1 enhanced with a threaded barrel was on sale, so I looked at it. I've seen the enhanced before but not the threaded barrel version. The price was too good to pass up, so I said what the hell. It even has the tall sights for shooting suppressed although they are one dot sights. That may change. Cant wait to fire it tomorrow!

Sweet pickup! What can are you thinking of using?

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That looks nice! It's hard to pass up a good deal on a 1911 sometimes.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Report This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Sweet pickup! What can are you thinking of using?

Not sure yet, I've been reading that section of the forum lately, but I'm not edjamacated enough yet!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Report This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
despite their obvious issues with other pistols, the R1 series is one thing that remington really got right, IMO.

I had an enhanced for a while and the only thing that bothered me about it was the extended safety digging into my strong hand thumb lower knuckle when shooting. Other than that, they're great little shooters for the money.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol! I think you might be able to apply for a rebate for it too making it an even sweeter deal.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
despite their obvious issues with other pistols, the R1 series is one thing that remington really got right, IMO.

+1 on this. I picked up the R1 Stainless a few years back and have been very happy with it. I gifted it to my Father In Law recently and I know I would be open to buying another one.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2385 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, it's hard to eff up a design that's been around since Moses' time. Razz

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Great buy! Remington's price for 1911's is almost too good to pass.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Report This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Great buy! Remington's price for 1911's is almost too good to pass.

Regular R1s were 599.00!

Beth Greene

Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

You'd think so, but we are talking about remington...

It shouldn't be too hard to make a gun that doesn't fire itself either...but...

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Report This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

You'd think so, but we are talking about remington...

It shouldn't be too hard to make a gun that doesn't fire itself either...but...
personally, I was least impressed with the R1 Enhanced than all the other similarly priced 1911s, but that doesn't mean I didn't like it and still thought it was a fine gun. Only gripe was that I left it in the car when I went to Hawaii and when I got back it had a little rust on it, but I don't typically leave guns in cars and that probably would have happened with any of my non stainless guns. As already stated, the basic design has been around long enough, as have the typical modifications to the original design that it's really kind of hard to screw one up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Good price. The Enhanced R1s that we received in the past (we haven't had one in about two years since we stopped selling Remington) were pretty good guns, though ironically I almost always felt the plain R1 was the more solidly built and the one with the superior trigger. I have deep-seated issues with Freedom Group so anything Remington is not on my radar, but hopefully your new acquisition continues to buck the negative trend that newer pistols from the company have.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post