SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield Plus Ported
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield Plus Ported Login/Join 
posted
I shot the 3" Shield Plus and found the pistol very accurate. I like it but it is too snappy for my liking. Does the performance center version that has porting significantly reduce recoil? Is there much difference in shooting the 3" vs 4"?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a Shield ported .40 PC. It was scandalously cheap. Runs flawlessly. Very accurate, too. Great fiber optic sights.
And the worst recoiling small auto pistol I have ever shot. Which explains the price.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the ported version but the P.C. 4" I had really didn't shoot much differently than the 3" model. I have a couple of the Shield models and they all seem to shoot the same for me. The larger double stack framed models-even the compact, not the Shield variant but compact M&P models, do shoot differently and are not as snappy. Granted they are larger guns but there is not that much of a weight difference but the bigger grip does mitigate the perceived recoil. With that said, my 2.0 Plus model is my favorite gun to carry but not always to shoot. It is what it is and if I could carry a larger pistol,I would but it is difficult to do with my build/clothes.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies YooperSigs and Patw, I found the information helpful. I remember the original shield was painful to shoot after a box of ammo. Thus, it makes sense that the plus and ported versions recoil less but maybe not that much.

I want a smaller 9mm carry gun so maybe I need to look at the SIG 365 XL Spectre Comp or the X Macro Comp. Currently I am carrying full size 9mm's and full size frame pistols do get heavy. Have a nice day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:

I want a smaller 9mm carry gun
Have you tried a P938? My 86 year old, somewhat arthritic wrists feel a definite sting from recoil with some handguns, but the P938 works just fine for me, even for an extended range session.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30673 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:

I want a smaller 9mm carry gun
Have you tried a P938? My 86 year old, somewhat arthritic wrists feel a definite sting from recoil with some handguns, but the P938 works just fine for me, even for an extended range session.

I have tried it and glad it works for you but it does not work for me.

posted Hide Post
I have the 4in PC with the ported barrel. I haven't shot it back to back with the 3in version, but I have no problem going to the range and shooting 150 to 200 rounds through it. I find it very easy to shoot, and extremely accurate. Its probably one of my favorite pistols that I currently own.

Posts: 430 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I own the Shield Plus and have shot standard & ported versions. I consider myself recoil sensitive, and I didn't notice a significant difference between the two; therefore, I stuck w/ the standard version. YMMV.

I also don't like the idea of some loss of muzzle velocity in an already short 3.1" barrel. This would matter less to me in a 4" model. I'd be more inclined to get a threaded barrel & comp for my 3.1" model.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I had a .40 shield non ported back in the day and I never found it that bad. Matter of fact I was surprised how well it did given its size. Now FLAT SHOOTING it was not of course, I mean physics is physics but it wasn’t punishing or anything.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post