SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P224 15rd 9mm Mags - Where Are They???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P224 15rd 9mm Mags - Where Are They??? Login/Join 
posted
OK...
I give up. I've searched high and low for these and have come up blank. I literally have been doing a google search a couple of times a month now for the last few YEARS. I've seen them sold with guns in auctions and other places but never separately. A lot of companies out there still have a page up to sell them online (as though they will get more) but they all claim "Not In Stock" and/or "Discontinued" and they say they don't ever plan on seeing them again.

Apparently everybody is just hording them.

And yes, I have seen the ones floating around that are 15rd mags with those 3D sleeves slapped on. No thanks.

I'm talking about actual factory made Sig P224 15rd 9mm. I know the Sig P224 gun was discontinued but I still want the magazine.

Help...

Anybody out there???

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
If anyone is hording them it would be the consumers who bought them when they were readily available. The P224 and the magazines have been discontinued meaning Sig won't be making them again. Below is the picture of what Sig made, pretty much a P229 magazine with plastic sleeve (think X-Grip) on it. Your best chances to getting one will be used on forums like this one.

Welcome aboard.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
If anyone is hording them it would be the consumers who bought them when they were readily available. The P224 and the magazines have been discontinued meaning Sig won't be making them again. Below is the picture of what Sig made, pretty much a P229 magazine with plastic sleeve (think X-Grip) on it. Your best chances to getting one will be used on forums like this one.

Welcome aboard.

Posts: 952 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are probably going to need more than a large dose of luck to find them. When I bought my P224 9mm a few years ago, I purchased one of the factory 15 round mags, along with some extra 12 rounders. I will say that the 15 round mag worked well, as you might expect. But frankly I much prefer using the 12 round flush mags. The 15 round mag, with the sleeve, gives the P224 exactly - and I do mean exactly - the same grip length as a P229. In warm weather and with light clothing, the P224 with the standard mag works better for me.
My carry choice doesn’t really address your issue. I would try gun shows in your area as a likely place for you to find these elusive mags. Sig Sauer won’t be of any help, and gun dealers are at the mercy of Sig’s marketing and supply decisions. You might also put out a Want-to-Buy ad in this and some other gun forums. I’m “hoarding” my only copy, but someone out there must want to unload one of theirs. Good luck to you

Posts: 76 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found some... Kind-of.
The last one sold went for over $150.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/824386366

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I just use a P226 (or is it P229) and the X-grip spacer

This is the same thing that I do with my HK P2000sk

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you are still looking, but I have the extended pinky for the Sig 224. I have them both for the 9mm or the 40 S&@ stock magazines. Also make the sleeves for the extended mags if you decide to use a P229 mag.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post