SIGforum
225 thin grip options?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4350069444

July 27, 2018, 02:24 PM
packmule1911
225 thin grip options?
Other than Marschal wooden grips, are there known options for thin grips for 225's in G10 or similar?

Thank you.
July 27, 2018, 03:48 PM
jhe888
I haven't tried the Hogues, but the factory plastic grips are pretty trim and have always been my favorites for a 225.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
July 27, 2018, 04:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by packmule1911:
Other than Marschal wooden grips, are there known options for thin grips for 225's in G10 or similar?

Thank you.

Hogue G10 and Hogue Aluminum. No other thinner options. Marschal grips are bulkier than factory. As are Nill.

Welcome to SF.

Q

July 27, 2018, 04:39 PM
Dakor
I just purchased a second set of Marschal grips for my P225 and they were crap. The damm dimensions were off a couple millimeters and you could see the tool marks from the Hungarian maker. Waited 3 months for the order to arrive and they refused to reimburse me or make an exchange, even going so far as to say the obvious machine marks were from shipping. Never again will I buy from that asshole of a shop.
July 27, 2018, 04:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I just purchased a second set of Marschal grips for my P225 and they were crap. The damm dimensions were off a couple millimeters and you could see the tool marks from the Hungarian factory. Waited 3 months for the order to arrive and they refused to reimburse me or make an exchange, even going so far as to say the obvious machine marks were from shipping. Never again will I buy from that a-hole shop.

Yeah, a buddy of mine bought a set for his P225. Totally off.

Q

July 27, 2018, 04:43 PM
Dakor
I’m thinking of going with Nill-Griffe for my next attempt. Everything I’ve received from them has been of high quality, although I do wonder as to the thickness of their P225 grips.
July 27, 2018, 04:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I’m thinking of going with Nill-Griffe for my next attempt with the P225. Everything I’ve received from them has been of high quality, although I do wonder as to their thickness.

Although they do feel good in hands, expect the bulkiness typical of wood grips, mainly at the palm swell.

Q

July 27, 2018, 05:00 PM
Dakor
Hmmm... sounds like the way to go may be the Hogue Aluminum grips, if the original grip feel is to be preserved.
July 27, 2018, 06:04 PM
Green Highlander
I have the Hogue G10 Piranhas on my P225 and could not be happier. I started with the Hogue aluminum on my other P225 but found the G10's much more to my liking.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
July 27, 2018, 07:21 PM
Strambo
I have the G10 Piranhas on my P6 as well, they are very thin and feel (and look) great!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
July 27, 2018, 07:42 PM
Stock

Aluminum Checkered

Nill

Q

September 13, 2021, 07:51 AM
mrprovy
I know this is a old thread, but I finally bought an old West German P225 and would like to put a nice, thin set of wood grips on it. I was hoping to pull the plug on the Marschal thin grips, but my only experience was from a decade ago and there's no email response from them as of late. Plus, the negative reviews from recent purchasers is killing that option.
Has anyone tried any of the grips4u.net options on this pistol?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrprovy,

September 13, 2021, 08:47 AM
DSgrouse
quote:
Originally posted by mrprovy:
I know this is a old thread, but I finally bought an old West German P225 and would like to put a nice, thin set of wood grips on it. I was hoping to pull the plug on the Marschal thin grips, but my only experience was from a decade who and there's no email response from them as of late. Plus, the negative reviews from recent purchasers is killing that option.
Has anyone tried any of the grips4u.net options on this pistol?

here are the G10 grips, and I cannot recommend them enough. I was skeptical about them at first. I love my wood grips. For this gun, it is perfect.

September 13, 2021, 10:59 AM
jackpot41
i put the grips4u grips on my P6, a bit thicker than the stock plastic grips, but they fit really well, I'm happy with them.
September 16, 2021, 09:09 PM
mrprovy
I wound up emailing Dennis @ Marschal and we went back and forth for quite a while and he was quick to respond and answered all my questions; plus, I already have his grips on my P228 & P230 and am very happy with them. So I decided to go with his thin grips for my P225, but am not expecting them until December; I'll keep everyone posted once I receive them; thanks for the input!

September 16, 2021, 10:19 PM
Mustang-PaPa
FYI-Dennis is a good guy and is a member here, I haven't seen him post in several years but he was always responsive in my dealings with him on the P225/6 grips. A looong time ago his p6 grips had to deep a relief for the hammer pivot pin. A quick fix was to drop some epoxy in the holes to lock the hammer pivot pin in place and keep it from walking over and dropping the safety lever.

My last contact with him was sending him a new set of factory P225 grips to use for dementions.

His issue is limited access to grips/guns and changes in designs or internal dementions in his country of Hungary.
September 17, 2021, 05:51 AM
Dakor
Wasn’t my experience, but my comment on the matter was made earlier. Caveat emptor.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,
September 17, 2021, 03:15 PM
GT-40DOC
I have one set of Grips4u 225/P6(from a few years ago)and am very pleased with them. I also have two(2) sets of Marschal's 225/P6 grips.....one regular thickness, and one pair of his thin grips(also from a few years ago). The regular grips are too thick for my hands, but the thin ones do just fine. I also have a pair of Dennis's holly wood(white wood) grips for my PPK/s Walther.

I have not ordered any grips from Dennis recently, so can not comment.
September 17, 2021, 03:27 PM
MWC
I have Hogue G10 on mine and like them a lot. I cannot think of another option that is thinner.

September 22, 2021, 11:53 AM
Ken @ Hogue Inc
Here is what Hogue has to offer in G10

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog