SIGforum
Shot a 226 Legion

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4210060524

May 31, 2017, 05:39 PM
1KPerDay
Shot a 226 Legion
oooohhhhhhh myyyyyy.....

Soooo very nice. Excellent DA and SA trigger, fantastic reset, perfect ergos. I like the more-undercut trigger guard and actually like the texture under the trigger guard, which I didn't think I would. 18 shots, 18 hits. the 3 dot sights aren't my cuppa but I can see their utility for actual night use. Recoil was negligible.

I'm going to have to try to make this happen.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
May 31, 2017, 05:57 PM
RC Fan
Great gun! Whatever you do, don't try the SAO Wink

Cathy
May 31, 2017, 08:18 PM
piedrarc
Strange how it tugs on the heart strings huh?

I don't buy into all the legion branded exclusives, but the gun is just sooooo sexy.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click
May 31, 2017, 08:34 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:

I don't buy into all the legion branded exclusives, but the gun is just sooooo sexy.

Forget the marking, it's a damn good pistol, period. The UID sticker on a M11-A1 doesn't make it a good pistol, the pistol makes it a good pistol, no different.

I love both.

I want to see your next USPSA vid rocking a 226 Legion.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 31, 2017, 09:23 PM
pedropcola
Yea, the marketing makes it easy to slam on the pistol and forget the actual changes Sig made to a 226 that actually work very well. The trigger and the undercuts alone make it significantly nicer to shoot than my MK25. I like the Xrays as well. The checkering is a nice feature that I have paid for in the past also.

The Legion is for real. Pretend that there isn't a challenge coin and you'll be fine.
May 31, 2017, 10:15 PM
sprg03-A3
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yea, the marketing makes it easy to slam on the pistol and forget the actual changes Sig made to a 226 that actually work very well. The trigger and the undercuts alone make it significantly nicer to shoot than my MK25. I like the Xrays as well. The checkering is a nice feature that I have paid for in the past also.

The Legion is for real. Pretend that there isn't a challenge coin and you'll be fine.

Fully agreed!

To the OP: The SAO is even better!!
June 01, 2017, 01:14 AM
1KPerDay
Yep, handled and dry fired the SAO, and the trigger is phenomenal. Haven't found one to shoot yet. If I had to buy one right now I'd get the SAO. If I had to pick one to carry I'd get the DA/SA.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
June 01, 2017, 04:57 PM
venenoindy
The 226 Legion SAO is favorite combat handgun.
June 05, 2017, 05:30 AM
bdickers
quote:
Originally posted by RC Fan:
Great gun! Whatever you do, don't try the SAO Wink

The Legion SAO is terrific, the trigger is the best non-1911 I've ever shot. I hope the straight trigger becomes at least an available option on all Sig pistols.
June 05, 2017, 09:28 AM
David Lee
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:

Forget the marking, it's a damn good pistol, period. The UID sticker on a M11-A1 doesn't make it a good pistol, the pistol makes it a good pistol, no different.

I love both.

I want to see your next USPSA vid rocking a 226 Legion.
I'll be watching too. A nice change from his Beretta vids. How many mags you got on order Ray? Cool