SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Magazine in P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Magazine in P229 Login/Join 
Picture of galil4x4
posted
Will the P226 magazine work in a P229 with a 9mm barrel? The mag seats in the P229 just fine. I just don't have the 9mm-1 barrel yet. Thanks.

Posts: 988 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes. Barrel has nothing to do with it.

Q

Posts: 27606 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of galil4x4
posted Hide Post
okay, thanks.

Posts: 988 | Location: georgia | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doveryai,
no proveryai.
Picture of SIG_P226
posted Hide Post
P229 is supposed to be "newer" version of P228, but P228 is 9 mm only and P229 supports more. I'd say barrel does mater from that perspective.
Sig 226 starts to have caliber other than 9 mm with P229, but never with P228. From that perspective, if you stay within 9 mm only, you should be OK.
All in all, if you are talking about 9 mm ONLY, the compatibility is likely to be there - Sig never said so. That also means "you are on your own". r
The general wisdom is that you mix and match for range practice, but get the right one for the setup that you life may depends on it.
BTW, I have a set up for P229 that does .22 to 40SW (including Sig 357), mix and match all mag. and it works fine for me every time I took it out for fun.

.)))*"((((((( *¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*
>>> o <<<
.\___~___/
Get some, then get some more ... ST10
Success in handgun marksmanship is about operating the pistol, not hitting the target. - Bruce Gray
Knowledge is power, ONLY when you share it. - Me
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3664 | Location: Cop Land | Registered: September 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
For 9mm, all day every day, at least with respect to range mags.

I can’t speak to 22lr, 40S&W, or .357 Sig. My P229R does all those, but I haven’t tried P226 magazines with those calibers.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of galil4x4
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply

posted Hide Post
I have shot quite a few rounds thru my P229-1 using both Sig 15 round mags and MacGar 18 round mags. Never had a problem.

Posts: 619 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my Legion 226 and Legion 229 the magazines are not interchangeable in either direction.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunsuser17:
For my Legion 226 and Legion 229 the magazines are not interchangeable in either direction.

The P229 Legion mag, which has always had the wider body at the bottom half, never works in the P226. Not sure what you mean by "not interchangeable in either direction". Although with the bottom sticking out beyond the mag well a little, the P226 mag will work in the P229.

Q

Posts: 27606 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
There's also these to clean up the space. I have a few. They're good. I have a bunch of Mec-Gar 226 mags & love them. A few are specifically set up with this for my 229.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...OHaJP0jqz&pid=783459

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post