SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Replacement 239 Sites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement 239 Sites Login/Join 
Loading the wagon
posted
Hey Forum,

I have an ‘08 P239 SAS and it came with SigLite nite sites. I don’t really have much experience in this area, but these sites are dead and need to be replaced. What is the best way to go about this? I have a P365 that has the bigger sites, and I really like those. But this 239 is my all time preferred carry. I would appreciate any direction you might have. Thanks,

Kevin

Posts: 272 | Registered: June 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
From least to most expensive:

- DIY.

- Or, buy night sights (NS) and have some competent local gunsmith to replace them for you.

- Or, send the slide to SIG for their NS replacement service.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I won a set of NS here for my P320, borrowed a sight pusher from a local member & with a small bit of trial/error, got it done in a few minutes.

If it's just installing NS, I can't see paying someone to do it. If you needed other work done & got it all done at once, paying a gunsmith/Sig makes more sense.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“full-service package” for just $149.95. This special offer includes the installation of new X-Ray3 Day/Night Sights* – a $120 value

https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-s...ervices-and-upgrades

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loading the wagon
posted Hide Post
I like that option for the XRay 3 Day/night sights for $120. Thanks for the recommendations.

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I'm in need of them for my P239 SAS, just e-mailed Sig for info on sending it in. That special sounds good, I don't have the tool or the inclination to fool with it.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
When I bought my P239 I sent it to Sig for the service and X-Ray sights. I am happy with the results.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I bought a tool to take off the sights on one of my p239s and the dern things won't budge.. on line you are supposed to knock them off.. I like the idea of sending it in to a pro to do....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Xray 3 sights on my P365 and I am not impressed. I am so unimpressed I may take some white paint to the dots and make them visible at an indoor range. If Sig ever gets an engineer intelligent to place WHITE rings round the tritium tubes then I might be interested. But green and on the front sight only, a totally crap choice of color for a green background and not a good choice for indoor ranges not well enough lit to read a small Bible under.

Oh my gosh, I just remembered that my P239-40 purchased way back in 2008 had white rings surrounding the front and rear tritium tubes and are actually visible in a less than well lit room. Also found out that they are brighter than the Xray 3 Sights on my 2 year old P365 and that the tube on the front sight of the P365 is not working. So I now have an even better reason to get out the white paint.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loading the wagon
posted Hide Post
I think I’m with you on that one.

quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I bought a tool to take off the sights on one of my p239s and the dern things won't budge.. on line you are supposed to knock them off.. I like the idea of sending it in to a pro to do....

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
“full-service package” for just $149.95. This special offer includes the installation of new X-Ray3 Day/Night Sights* – a $120 value

I second this.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I sent my 229 in the for the full service packacge posted here. It was a 7 day turn around .
Banjo! heads up you will need an Adult Signature for the return delivery

Posts: 1604 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loading the wagon
posted Hide Post
That could make it tough.

quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:

I second this.