SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Back From Front Sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back From Front Sight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
A goodly number of years ago I got talked into going to Front Sight for their 4 day defensive hand gun class.... this past Thursday I flew to Vegas and along with two other guys drove over to Pahrump and then on Friday started the class for the 5th time. I missed the last two years.. first because of a heart attack and then Covid showed up.

Once again I decided to 'cheat' on the qualification shooting test and use my Sig P320compact... back in 2018 the gunsmith at FS who had a big Glock tattoo on his arm politely explained to me how this Sig would never be accurate. I should have taken my test target to him but you don't get released on the last day until late. I scored the same this time with no time penalties...

Just bragging I guess.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good shooting! Did you have a good time? I've always enjoyed Front Sight. I used to go in March, by that time I was sick of winter, and it was a great break! How was the weather ? Smile

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought seven of their top memberships a few years ago. I immediately was flooded with emails and letters explaining that I could upgrade to a better membership, and then later, a better membership yet, though what I bought was supposed to be top-tier at the time, all the classes I wanted, already paid for, just show up and buy their ammunition.

I looked at what they were teaching, with others that came back from Front sight, and decided that I wasn't going up there to pay for their ammunition, and I wasn't impressed with what I saw coming out of there. I also wrote them and told them I didn't want any more offers to upgrade my top membership to the latest membership.

To date, not one of those memberships has been used. Probably never will be.

Someone would be better served paying for one of Jerry Jones classes in my opinion.

I spent a lot of money on Front Sight. I won't spend any more.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ve been to Front Sight a few times starting in 2010. I’ve always enjoyed it. I’m starting to save my pennies to attend a course at Gunsite here in Paulden, AZ, one of these days, though.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like Front Sight probably puts out a decent product as far as training goes, but the way they go about it and generate revenue can be pretty off-putting. If the NRA ran a school, it would be just like Front Sight.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Dr. P will over whelm you with his emails and long diatribes about membership and the resort he is building...

The first time I went I would have bet good money that at some point in time 'they' were going to put you in a room with only one way out and for 2 hours hit you with the time share sales pitch....

I would have lost.... there was absolutely no sales pitch over the 4 days I've been there, and I've been 5 times. It is hard to estimate the millions of dollars they have invested in the shooting ranges and other training facilities. I'm sure there are other firearms training venues that might be just as good... but I can honestly say it is the most disciplined course I have ever taken.

If anyone want a free class, then let me know. I can probably help you with this.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post