SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does the Coyote color wear off the P365XL?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does the Coyote color wear off the P365XL? Login/Join 
posted
I mean I wouldn't mind any finish wear, I'm just wondering.
Do any of you have a well used Coyote 365 or 365xl that you would post?

I'd like to see what one might look like after several hundred... several thousand rounds....being carried, etc

Posts: 162 | Registered: July 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have a Coyote P365 that I carried for about a year and have shot around 1.5k through, and I’ve had no issues at all with the finish wearing off.

I carry it in a hybrid leather/kydex holder and it appears that the black kydex does wear onto the pistol, often giving the appearance of the finish wearing off. But a quick run with an AP brush cleans it right up. I’m actually pretty impressed with the finish.

Just FYI I also have a Coyote M17 with just over 1k rounds through it with no finish wear. But it doesn’t get carried so it doesn’t ever sit in a holster.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pale Horse. Sounds like it wears well.
Is the coyote color a coating?

Posts: 162 | Registered: July 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Happychi:
Thanks Pale Horse. Sounds like it wears well.
Is the coyote color a coating?

It’s a PVD coating and if fairly durable. I’ve had my peanut butter flavor P365 for close to six months and carry it in a kydex holster and it still looks new after I clean it up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post