SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion Rear Sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Rear Sight Login/Join 
posted
The rear sight fell out of my P229-Legion-RX. If I put it back in, from left to right, it stops in proper alignment but easily falls out to the left. If I drive it further right to "tighten" it, it would not be properly aligned.

Will blue Locktite hold it in place? If not, I may just super glue it.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I am so disappointed in this over priced pig that I can't dump it fast enough. Problem is, nobody wants it. Guess I'll have to take a huge loss just to be rid of it.

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Why not just contact Sig, explain your issue and ask them to make it right?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To answer your specific question, I believe blue locktight will fiz your problem.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
call SIG. (603-610-3000). They will take care of you.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Have SIG replace the sight. Don’t use loctite. Your sight was not fit properly when it was installed.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As has been stated, you should contact Sig. Loctite is not really a solution for this kind of problem. It will get it in their okay for a bit, but recoil, holstering and unholstering, and general handling will eventually break it loose. And you lose any easy was to drift-adjust it.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fixed it with a center punch.

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I really can't see sending it back for a drop of LocTite.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
I really can't see sending it back for a drop of LocTite.

Bob

I agree but decided against Loctite. My solution worked perfectly and was way quicker than sending it to Sig. Took five minutes and most of that was getting the proper adapters in the sight pusher.

Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:

P.S. I am so disappointed in this over priced pig that I can't dump it fast enough. Problem is, nobody wants it. Guess I'll have to take a huge loss just to be rid of it.

I was about to buy a P226 legion - what do you not like about the gun?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suppose it's good that you have a solution. I however would've sent it back. Certainly the sight itself could be at fault, but in case it's not I'd rather SIG provide a new slide with a proper spec dovetail slot sooner than later. Just saying.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Gee, I guess I should have called out Ed Brown.

My Ed Brown Kobra came with a loose rear sight and a small packet of LocTite.

I figured if it was good enough for them it was good enough for me. LocTited the rear sight and that was the end of it.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
in case it's not I'd rather SIG provide a new slide with a proper spec dovetail slot sooner than later

That’s the first thing I thought of-out of spec dovetail. SIG should fix it.

===================
P229 RX Legion
P938 Legion
P238 Legion
(3) M17s w/MS, wo/MS and Commemorative
Mosquito
Ruger P89--Ruger 10/22

AR15 **awaiting assembly**

Posts: 8 | Location: Southeast-in God's and guns country | Registered: September 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
If it goes in easy one way and not the other, it's the slot, not the site.
Loctite of all kinds will break it's bond. Different types at a different temperatures.
I would not rely on blue as it's meant to be used on fasteners that get removed and doesn't require any heat.
As others have said, contact Sig. You paid for a premium product.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose it's good that you have a solution. I however would've sent it back. Certainly the sight itself could be at fault, but in case it's not I'd rather SIG provide a new slide with a proper spec dovetail slot sooner than later. Just saying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Loctite is fine with a High Point caliber pistol. Guns sent to SIg are generally back to me within two weeks. The only hassle is finding a box and driving to FedEX.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, after fixing the rear sight with a center punch and reinstalling, it's tight and on target. Then, the Romeo1 died. Good thing I had a spare battery. It lasted less than six months.

Owning this gun sure is a love/hate relationship: I love the way it feels in hand and the irons/Romeo1 co-witness, and I hate just about everything else about it.

It has been 100% reliable though, except for the rear sight falling out and the battery going dead.

Edit:

Well, went to the range to do my Bullseye League for the week and guess what, no magazines for the Legion. I had taken them out of my range bag to show everything to a prospective buyer and forgot to put them back in. I know it's not the guns' fault, but how ironic.

OK, just shoot one at a time. Turns out it doesn't like to be loaded that way. The extractor struggles to ride over the casing. On top of that, I put the Legion slide stop back in for the potential buyer and it's nearly impossible to lock the slide with that thing when there's no magazine. Now I have a sore thumb from trying. I'm putting the standard P229 one back in tonight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Depami,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
quote:
Originally posted by Depami:

I was about to buy a P226 legion - what do you not like about the gun?

Don't get me wrong, the Legion is a fine gun, just maybe not for me.

I don't like the slide lock or decocker controls. I carry a Beretta PX4 compact and much prefer the controls on it.

The low profile slide lock lever is useless, the standard P229 lever does fit and works much better for me.

I don't like the beavertail. I like to ride the hammer with my thumb when holstering and the beavertail gets in the way for that. A non-Legion P229 would be better in that respect.

Battery life on the Romeo1 is way too short and it dies without warning. Not acceptable for a carry gun. Oh, and don't forget that the rear iron sight fell out.

The legion has a nice solid feel but is notably bigger and heavier than the PX4 which makes for an unpleasant carry experience.

It has an old, out dated, blocky look, especially compared to a PX4.

The trigger feels good in dry fire but I can't hit a thing with it live. The PX4 points and shoots naturally for me and I rarely miss what I'm shooting at.

I do like the way it feels in my hand and the undercut trigger guard, but what good is that if I can't shoot it worth a darn.

Wish I could find a P229 Extreme with a Romeo1. But then again, it would still have a bunch of stuff I don't like. I'll just stick with the PX4.

Depending on what you want the Legion for, and your preference of controls, you may very well love it.

Hope this answers your question.

YMMV

Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking the time to respond and I can see where you would be unhappy based upon how the pistol works for you.

Ironically, I own a Beretta PX4CC and it has been an awesome da/sa alternative to my G19 and USPc. I'm looking at the P226 Legion as a new range toy and the the rental I tried last weekend was extremely accurate and very fun to shoot. When I ran across your thread I had to pause as I'm concerned about picking up a dud. It seems like most P series guns now come with a fair bit of slide "wiggle/rattle" and it is something I never had on my earlier P series guns. I know that it doesn't impact their accuracy, just a bit annoying.

Thanks again. I hope that you find something else to have fun with.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
Ironically, I own a Beretta PX4CC ..........

Yes, it is the Compact Carry that is my EDC. I also have a standard compact, a full size and a sub compact. Right now I'm playing with red dot options on the compact but the Carry still has original sights.

My backup EDC is a P365 with RMSc.

I have a Vedder LightTuck for the P229 but never have carried it.

Edit: Be sure to let us know how you like the Legion if you go with it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Depami,