SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 Commemorative Sig Light Fail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Commemorative Sig Light Fail Login/Join 
posted
I picked up my M17 Commemorative, unwrapped it and the rear sights were both dark.
After speaking with Customer Service in NH, got an RMA and the slide is one its way back for a warranty repair.
Has anyone else experienced the tritium sights going dark?
Dave

Posts: 7 | Location: Glucksdadt, MS | Registered: September 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's official Dance Professor
Picture of SRA
posted Hide Post
I thought it was because they were orange and therefore didn't give off as much light. I'm going to follow this thread to what happens. Please be kind enough to keep us in the loop.

My Fifteen Seconds of Fame

Posts: 3212 | Location: Utah, United States | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I got mine I thought the same thing . But they do glow orange in a dark room . No problem .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Mine is the civilian version and the rear dots are green and bright. Interesting!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2670 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to put my hands on one. Where did you get yours?

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new out of the box P365 with Xray sights seemed dim to me. Then my nephew
sent a photo of his. (in the dark) The dot in the all black field was
bright compared to the photo I took of mine in the dark.

Called Sig CS and as usual__outstanding CS. I told him about the two
photos and he asked if I could attach them to an email for him. He sent me
an email and I attached the two photos and he sent me return to that email
informing forming me he'd send a replacement. (And made a joke about it)

I never felt the rep doubted me. I had the impression he just wanted to see those two photos. His remark after I did confirmed it was more out of curiosity as his decision had already been made, since he'd taken a moment to check and found they were out of the sights at that time and it'd likely take a week before he could send a replacement.
He'd already confirmed that I could change out sights myself.
This took less than an hour to arrange by phone and email.
That's Sig Sauer customer service. A friendly conversation and done.

I had two AmeriGlo front sights have the vial fall out. Both purchased months apart. Called their CS and it seemed instantly __road blocks. After four or five questions it was obvious the rep intended to do nothing. When the second one fell out__ I didn't even bother to call.
Needless to say I never intend to do business with that brand again.
Stay safe and trust Sig CS.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE-I sent back my slide to Sig in NH, and got a call from customer service.
This is how the Army spec'd out the sights and so this is a normal condition.
They wanted dim rear sights with the standard front sight.
I have since purchased the civilian version with the "normal" sights, and this is what I had expected.
Dave

Posts: 7 | Location: Glucksdadt, MS | Registered: September 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
When I got mine I thought the same thing . But they do glow orange in a dark room . No problem .

That would be like the SIG XRay3 sights. The rears black out during the day (which is why I like them, I prefer a plain black notch rear for daytime shooting). But take them somewhere dark and they glow just fine.

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post