SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PDP: Will there be a Sub-Compact version?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PDP: Will there be a Sub-Compact version? Login/Join 
posted
If I understand correctly, Walther presently makes three versions of the PDP: a full size with either 4.5" or 5" barrel and a compact with 4" barrel. No Sub-Compact as of yet, however. Their last sub-compact that employed a double stack magazine seems to have been the PPQ SC but you never hear about it anymore.

It seems that with every company making a mini 9mm these days, it's odd that Walther hasn't already chopped down the PDP.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I bought a PDP a couple of months ago in the 4.5" barrel version. Maybe because I carry a Glock22 daily, the PDP seems very light and is very concealable. I like the 21 rd mags and how this platform shoots. No sub-compact for me, but I guess it's all relative!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen the PPQSC and I guess it would go that route if produced. I would guess a better gamble for the company would be a staggered mag PPS gen 3 though. Walther, like many of their European competitors, does not seem wildly interested in breaking those molds though.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A problem with the PPQ SC was that magazines were not compatible with the larger PPQs.

While they appeared to be compatible, Walther said only magazines used in the SC version should be used.

If Walther makes an SC version of the PDP, hopefully mags will be compatible.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
PDP in .45 please.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a PDP a few months ago. It is the compact with a 4" barrel. It is most excellent!

I could be wrong, but I think they make a PDP compact with a 5" barrel.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
I just purchased a PDP a few months ago. It is the compact with a 4" barrel. It is most excellent!

I could be wrong, but I think they make a PDP compact with a 5" barrel.

You are correct. Walther makes a compact frame with a 5" slide version.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post