SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig! Bring back the P220 Carry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig! Bring back the P220 Carry Login/Join 
posted
The P220 Carry is a great size and balances well.
I know they are tied up with Gov't contracts but what would it take for them to put the Carry model back into production?
Sig-if you're listening....how about a basic P220 Carry model without the Elite/Legion price tag?
Anyone else want the P220 Carry back?

To all Veterans: your sacrifices are not forgotten. Your sacrifices are honored. Welcome home. For those not home yet, please know that many of us pray for your safe return soon.

Posts: 587 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: September 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

Want more than just that one back. But, they're busy cranky out more plastic.

Q

Posts: 26500 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This would go 180 degrees against all the trends in the civilian firearm industry. It wouldn't be plastic, pocket sized, and 9mm.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you. I know the plastic stuff will never go away but they could go back to basics and offer a simple line of "base model," classics (no Elite/Legion offerings).
As long as we're at it...if you're listening Sig, no forward cocking serrations needed. It would be less machining/time in production.
I even have a new slogan all made up:

"Sig Sauer Classic Series...simply reliable"

To all Veterans: your sacrifices are not forgotten. Your sacrifices are honored. Welcome home. For those not home yet, please know that many of us pray for your safe return soon.

Posts: 587 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: September 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Want more than just that one back. But, they're busy cranky out more plastic.

Like the legendary P228 with non mim parts. Amen.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have the P220 compact back....but I agree, there's quite a few I wish they'd bring back. The market already has enough plastic.

Then again, I've been waiting for 3 months for a new P320RX Pro for work, and I'm starting to worry that it's not going to be here in time for my class at the end of the month. So Sig still isn't even getting the plastic stuff out the door in a timely manner. And we waited 8 months last year for rifles. Seems to me they need to up their production capacity across the board...either that or we have the worst distributor ever.

Posts: 8669 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I've always liked the Commander size 1911's and own two. The slightly shorter barrel length provides more versatility and comfort for concealed carry uses. Same with the P220 Carry.

However, it's still a business decision for Sig. Ya gotta sell product (profitably) to stay in business. Fact of life.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
However, it's still a business decision for Sig. Ya gotta sell product (profitably) to stay in business. Fact of life.

^^^This

The only way we're going to see a P220 Carry again is if it comes in a Legion/Spectre/Scorpion/Elite edition w/ a premium price tag north of $1200.

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The big problem is that the metal frame guns are significantly more expensive to manufacture. This is a big reason for the plastic boom. And at the same time the plastic guns have significant advantages. First they're going to be lighter for the same size gun. Second, on plastic framed guns, the actual frame rales are almost always steel. On allow framed guns they're aluminum. With a steel slide riding on aluminum frame rails, the steel is going to win. And we've seen frame wear issues with allow framed SIGS. The steel on steel combination in plastic frame guns last longer.

So with a metal frame, the gun is going to cost more, be heavier for the same size/capacity gun, and may not last as long.

quote:
Originally posted by isolator:
I hear you. I know the plastic stuff will never go away but they could go back to basics and offer a simple line of "base model," classics (no Elite/Legion offerings).
As long as we're at it...if you're listening Sig, no forward cocking serrations needed. It would be less machining/time in production.
I even have a new slogan all made up:

"Sig Sauer Classic Series...simply reliable"

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since we are thinking wishfully:
P220 Compact or Carry. No rail or tail. Night sights standard. G-10 grips. All stainless. Calibers 10mm, 45 and .38 Super.
Same thing for the P225 Classic. Limited to 9mm.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir!
Make more stainless frame SIG's.
Full size, carry and compact.
Why limit to just the P220?
P220, P226, P229, P238, P938.
Make all of them! Make some "X" guns also!
For me, plastic is not fantastic.

I bought a P220 in 10mm with a stainless frame made here in the USA.
With an example of only one, the quality of machining is every bit as good as all the rest of my German stainless frame guns.
So it isn't that SIG USA doesn't know how to make the stainless frame guns, they just choose not to make them.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1551 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
I am for the Classic P Series 100%.
The 220 carry is a fine gun. That said, I am so glad that I found a P227 Nitron Carry. Best shooting semi auto that is in my herd. It rivals accuracy with my Target 22’s. I know,

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 186 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for a 220 Carry for 10 years. Have a 220 and 245, looking to round out the collection.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Another fan of the P220 Carry. Would love to have one in .38 Super.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I wish the whole classic line was produced to the extent SIG USA could, even if it was special batches of P224s, , P225A1s(I'd prefer P225s but), P227's. P239s, P245s (or P220 carry)

I'm completely not excited about P320's or P365's which I have bought none of and will not be buying.

I saw an like new-excellent condition P220 Carry a few weeks ago at a LGS but someone jumped on it in a week.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just scored one via Gunbroker on Sunday.

It's in route. It looked pretty mint in the photos.

Posts: 221 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I had no idea the P220 carry was so desirable. I was fortunate to win the P229 carry raffle a few years ago here on the forum.

Little too large for a small frame guy like me to carry so it serves as a home defense pistol.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got a 220 Carry that I carried for a few years, but later decided I preferred the 220 Compact.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And yet....Sig did exactly this with the P210
They could do it again........

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This would go 180 degrees against all the trends in the civilian firearm industry. It wouldn't be plastic, pocket sized, and 9mm.

posted Hide Post
Was it the Equinox one or the reverse two tone?
Came so close to bidding on those...
Please post a pic

quote:
Originally posted by sean7:
I just scored one via Gunbroker on Sunday.

It's in route. It looked pretty mint in the photos.