SIGforum
Photo Illustrating Why One Should Not Dry-Fire a CZ 75B Model (w/out a Snap Cap)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4080001894

January 23, 2023, 12:43 PM
hjs157
Photo Illustrating Why One Should Not Dry-Fire a CZ 75B Model (w/out a Snap Cap)
One of the weak links of the CZ 75B model pistol is the mild steel OEM firing pin retaining (roll) pin. Here is a photo of a factory pin that has been damaged from repeated dry firing. Had the original owner continued dry-firing this pistol, it would have only been a matter of time before the other side of the pin fractured, resulting in a full "shark bite" which would have disabled the pistol. When dry-firing a CZ 75B model, snap caps are highly recommended. Should one require a replacement pin, Cajun Gun Works offers a tempered spring steel pin (item 61100) which is designed to withstand repeated firing pin impacts.

January 23, 2023, 01:04 PM
Ryanp225
CGW make a dry fire safe firing pin and solid roll pin. I still use snap caps though just because.
January 23, 2023, 03:07 PM
SigSentry
Disposable foam earplug or small black o-ring works well also.
January 23, 2023, 03:39 PM
pedropcola
I have swapped all my roll pins out. It is cheap insurance.

Just as an aside, I broke the roll pin that holds the barrel to the slide on a Kadet. CZ was out of pins. This roll pin cut down to the proper length worked perfectly.
January 23, 2023, 05:03 PM
iron chef
I'm a big CZ 75 fan, but probably my biggest pet peeve w/ them are their relatively fragile firing pin block retaining roll pins. The CZ recommends replacing them every 5K rounds.

quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
Disposable foam earplug or small black o-ring works well also.

This is what I use. Rubber o-rings cost pennies. My o-ring of choice is 3/8" inside diameter X 9/16" outside diameter X 3/32" width, but anything close will work as long as it fits securely in the back of the slide where the hammer strikes.
January 23, 2023, 05:33 PM
Jim Watson
My CZ75 has a firing pin stop like a 1911. The roll pin came in with the -B firing pin obstruction.
January 23, 2023, 09:36 PM
Blackwater
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
CGW make a dry fire safe firing pin and solid roll pin. I still use snap caps though just because.

I had the same failure with a CZ P07 and got the CGW FP and roll pin.

Joe
January 23, 2023, 09:39 PM
YooperSigs
MCarbo did the same thing with my P-07.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles