SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have issues. Can't get away from 1911's and Glock's.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have issues. Can't get away from 1911's and Glock's. Login/Join 
posted
Why can't I stop buying them?!?!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You don't have issues until you go to a small local gun store and realize you have twice the inventory they do. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Glocks are affordable, easy to mod (If you are into that), durable, accurate, and hold a decent resale.

1911's are accurate, good looking guns.

I have the same addiction to Glocks and 1911's.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
If Hickok45 saw that pile of guns, he would say "Life is good!"

That H&K looks awfully lonely by the way. A new Mk25 is just what the doctor ordered to break up your Glock / 1911 habit.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with your collection of Glock and 1911 pistols. Still, your H&K steals the spotlight, and I'd recommend that you add some Sig Sauer goodness as well.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are absolutely right, none of those guns go with beige tile. What, you thought there was some thing else wrong?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Looks like you only have the "starter Kit" Big Grin

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Can't fault your tastes Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Umm, the real "issue" I see here? You're slacking, man.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you liked sigs you'd be broke

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I feel like the biggest issue is that lonely HK. I mean one is the loneliest number after all.

I dig the Springer all the way to the left.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Four 1911s...well you've got me beat there; I currently only have three. But FIVE Glocks total? Hardly a problem, I'd say. I have that covered with G19s alone. Wink

And yes, that HK does look like it needs a sibling or three.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Got started with a GSG 22lr, liked it and added a RIA 9mm. Now I am considering a compact 1911 in 9mm. And I thought Sig's were addictive.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfectly normal.

Beats the Hell out of crack and meth. Safer, cheaper, healthier, less expensive, lasts longer and you won't get arrested.

Actually, the two pistols are historically important in the development of handguns. Major breakthroughs in handgun design. Both viable SD options. Coulda picked worse...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
The only issue I see is you're missing a few HK 45 models.

Other wise good to go.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
You and I are similar in that we like our handguns but I'm about opposite in that I can't get excited about Glocks or 1911s. Even though I own a few and I use striker fired and SAO guns on the range I very much prefer DA/SA handguns for carry and general interest.

For instance, I want a Sig RX and I know the P320RX or P320X5 would be more practical and probably more shootable, but I WANTa P226RX much more.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Umm, the real "issue" I see here? You're slacking, man.

LOL +1

Get some SIGs!

Posts: 383 | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Now that I have a reloading machine dedicated to .45 ACP I'm really loving my 1911 again. And it's brother, the .45 ACP Rifle.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Since I don't have any Glocks or 1911's, you are taking up my slack and bringing balance to the universe. Smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that collection at all. I don't own any 1911s yet, and so far I own 1 Glock (with plans to add probably three more) and 3 SIGs.

Wife picked out a P226 Legion SAO. I'm looking forward to her shooting that.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post