SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG MPX followed me home
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG MPX followed me home Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A std AR trigger no. The specific mpx trigger yes.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Will Geissele AR triggers work in these?

Yes, I have an SD3G in mine right now. Mine is a Gen2, but I do not believe that the generation makes any difference with regard to trigger usage. Both generations are going to have faster-than-AR bolt velocities.

Been reliable for a few thousand rounds, but Geissele frowns upon the use of their triggers, in general in MPXs.

When I talked to Geissele about this combination, they originally said their warranty would cover the use if their triggers even if they were used in MPXs and failed. I am not sure if that policy has changed (this was years ago when the MPXs first starting coming out).

Since then, both SIG and Chip McCormick have developed their own MPX-rated triggers.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing warnings on Geissele's website about not using their triggers in the MPX. This was well before the MPX SSA was released late in 2019. I briefly used a SSA-E in my MPX for a short while but decided to heed Geissele's admonition and pulled it out after about a month's time. Then Timney announced their MPX triggers and that was that for me. Their 2-stage doesn't quite have that hard-for-me-to-describe feel of the SSA-E but it's darn close, and more than adequate for a subgun MPX with an 8" barrel. Even SIG uses Timney's single stage for the competition-focused MPX PCC.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Congrats. There’s really nothing more fun to shoot than an MPX. Here’s my 8 inch without the EOTECH 512 mounted...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the mpx

1200 seems like a very reasonable price.

Where I live, in Europe, these are almost impossible to find and when you do : it is a mpx carbine pcc ( to me personally the ugliest version ) and it is very expensive and so are mags and other parts.

Posts: 19 | Registered: July 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations it sounds like you got a very good price on the firearm. I have the SIG MPX K that I bought new for Midway for $2000 and I love it. I have the side folding brace which I believe is called the SB tactical FS 1913 if I am not mistaken. I put some Magpul flip up sights and my streamlight Tr-L 2 which may or may not stay on. I do want to read.and I was thinking of a policy on 510-C which I will probably be getting soon.

Good luck and happy shooting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted January 04, 2021 10:27 AM Hide Po
I remember seeing warnings on Geissele's website about not using their triggers in the MPX.

Every new MPX sold includes that warning.

I just picked up a new MPX PCC. No idea why but it was the end of the year and a bunch of employee discounts found their way over. Yet to get an optic for it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post