SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 Ejecting shells in My Face
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 Ejecting shells in My Face Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys I rented a p320 compact a few months ago for a range session and fell in love with it. Traded in my 226 for a brand new one (I was done with hammer semi autos lol).
Long story short p320 compact spits the shell casings in my face, shoulder. Has anyone else had this problem?

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 05, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That is usually a problem with low-powered ammunition. What are you using?

And welcome to the forum.

Added: Slow slide velocity that is usually the cause of such ejection patterns can also be the result of inadequate lubrication. That's most important on the outside of the barrel, but some lube should also be placed on the slide engagement tabs of the fire control unit.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47412 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I would suggest a couple of things. First, have others shoot the gun with the same ammo to see if it happens to them.

Also, try different ammo.

If the issue continues, contact SIG Customer Service to see what they suggest. Video of different shooters shooting the gun with the same ammo will help when it comes to troubleshooting.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Before you consider it a problem take into consideration many of the guns designed around military and law enforcement use come out of the box heavily sprung for NATO spec or hot SD ammo.

Make sure the gun is clean and well lubed.
Make sure you run some hotter and or heavier ammo for a short bit. (100-150 rounds)
Make sure you have a solid grip/maybe more so than usual early on.
Maybe work the slide/dryfire/leave the slide locked open for a bit.

My GUESS is you were running typical range fodder 115 grain and as the gun loosens up everything will be fine.

This is NOT a SIG thing. I’ve seen it with Glocks, HK’s etc.

Once you do all those things and you are still having issues then start to look for mechanical issues.

Take care, shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Yep. Both of my Sigs did this until the recoil spring loosened up a bit.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post