SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are these grips called?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are these grips called? Login/Join 
Picture of Rick Lee
posted
Bought a beater P220 on GB yesterday I plan to rehab and send out for refinishing. I think I want to put these grips on it, which I found by searching for P220 images online. No idea what these grips are or how to shop for them.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Manufactured by CoolHand.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thanks.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The texture is called Sunburst. It comes in different colors.

Coupon code "STAYCOOL" gets you 15% off at Coolhand's website.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy with confidence. They are nice grips

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I put a set of Cool Hand grips on a 1911 and they were great. VZ grips has some nice ones too (I have theirs on both of my current 1911's).

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Wanted to revive this one, as my P220 should be done soon and neither Cool Hand nor VZ have anything for a P220 on their sites. Where else to get these?

posted Hide Post
You try Hogue

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hogue may be the only choice if G10 grips are what you are after.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Really want these Cool Hand grips, but they have not replied to my website inquiry and have no phone number listed. Might have to go Hogue.

I have a few pairs of the rubber Hogues laying around, so I could throw them on for a while and then it'd look a lot like a P220ST with no rail. But I want to get some cool grips for this one.

Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Rick,
Hogue can help you out with their G-mascus Black/Grey.
Sorry, nothing available with the Starburst texture as shown

To view a few more option go to the P220 pg.

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1596 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Anyone know where the Coolhand grips are made?
I see no mention of being made in the states on their site.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25355 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Anyone know where the Coolhand grips are made?
I see no mention of being made in the states on their site.

The retail packaging for a pair I have doesn't say "Made In..." or anything like that, but it does say "Bellvue, WA."

Anyway, they are great grips--just as nice as any Hogue or Pachmayer G10s that I have. While I'm not a huge fan of the look, the Sunburst texture is effective and comfortable.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken. I'll keep those in mind.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Cool Hand just got back to me, said they don't make anything for a P220. So .... what are those grips in my first post?

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
That pistol in your first post looks like a P226. So those grips are probably Cool Hand grips.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool Hand Grips are a good value for the money.
And good to go as long as you don't need customer service. Because they have none.

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
If you want something really aggressive, try Hogue's G-Mascus Piranha texture...

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post