SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Adios L & M......
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adios L & M...... Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
This is on the L&M website:

To all of my customers, friends, and associates.

Thank you for your business and support for the past 10+ years. You have allowed me to grow from installing optics on a few Glock slides on occasion as more of a hobby than anything, to providing a unique and full range of optics installation and other services.

For the past 10+ years L&M Precision has been providing the widest possible range of optic installations on pistol slides and endeavoring to create unique installation designs not available elsewhere while providing the best service possible.

I am 68 years old and have reached the point where I am unable to continue working well past full time hours at this.  I am increasingly not “keeping up” and not doing well in other ways.   I have found no way to “scale back” my work level to anything like a part time basis while maintaining the shop times that customers demand and what I consider to be an appropriate level of customer service.   I don’t always succeed, but I do my best.

Also increased push back from family to either scale back my hours or to stop working entirely is a significant factor.   As my wife also approaches retirement that has become an imperative.

I have done everything that I can think of to limit the growth of my work load.  But it is not in my nature to simply refuse work, so I have created a reputation for taking on many “science fair projects” and other “special needs” jobs for which I receive many requests.

I’ve attempted to find someone interested in learning this business and willing to take over but that hasn’t panned out. I really hate to just abandon all of these years of design / development work, but it is difficult to sell such a specialized and technical business and I no longer have the energy to pursue this.

I don’t currently see a path to continuation in the current mode while maintaining the level of quality and customer service that I wish to provide.   For me, that is of significant personal importance

So, this will be the end of operation for L&M Precision in its current form. 

The exact date will be determined soon and will be at a time that insures I can cleanly manage orders that are “in the pipe” with completion assured.

I apologize for the inconvenience and rather short notice.

Sincerely,Mark Housel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: billinaz,

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess good for Mark. I've had him mill a slide and I've referred others to him. He did good work that was prompt. There's something to be said for winding it down because you've just got too much to do. Fortunately, there are many others doing work of similar quality, so in a sense, the industry does not lose out and Mark gets to hopefully enjoy retirement.

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I wish you and your family all the luck and joy in your retirement.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Thanks you for all you have sone for the gun industry. God bless and enjoy your future.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think you are doing the right thing.... I'm in the same place in my business that I've run alone for 38 years and am starting to actually hear the same message.

Good luck and take care... hope you will still hang around here.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Good for him. I thought his service and quality of work was excellent.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all you did. The Glock you did for me is working flawlessly.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your retirement.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
I wish you all the best!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Top notch service which I've recommended many times. Enjoy your retirement!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3219 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the OP is not Mark Housel, he's just posting the news...

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Wife = Happy Home, enjoy your retirement!

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I'm pretty sure the OP is not Mark Housel, he's just posting the news...

You are correct.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post