SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911 Fastback Carry Questions....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 Fastback Carry Questions.... Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Evening gents,
Gotta quick question or two. Today I picked up a Sig 1911 Fastback Carry I'd never seen before, one in plain black Nitron with rosewood grips. It did not have the strange proprietary Sig trigger and hammer seen on the Nightmare Carry or the Scorpion Carry, but instead rather conventional looking components. I'd never seen this version of the FBC before, and it intrigued me. I have the other two, but am surprised as much as I've kept up with Sig's offerings, this one totally missed me blind. The box says it's from 2013.

My questions to those who know more than I do it, just how long did they offer this version, and how many you figure got made? I'd guess not many, because it seems they didn't make 'em that long.

Also, are there any other versions out there besides these three? I have seen pictures online of a Nitron FBC but with a full 5" barrel, but no others. I realize these are typical of Sig's "change to colors, grips and a small bit or two around and sell it as a different model" shellgame, but that doesn't bother me at all. I think each is pretty cool in its own way, so I'm glad Sig didn't just do a one and done and leave to others to cerakote the thing to get a different look.

Oh, and I almost forgot...I wonder why Sig left their "P22X" inspired blockier slide on the Nightmare and Nitron, but put a true 1911-style round top slide on the Scorpion. Not criticizing, just wondering about the rationale, seems it would cost less to send out all three with the same slide.

Anyway, just thought this was an intriguing pistol after stumbling across it, raised some questions in my mind.

Posts: 808 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When SIG was simultaneously making various 1911 models using either a P22x slide or a more traditional round top slide, I recall there were a number of limited run models that never made it into their catalogs, either in print or on their product website. Of course the original Nightmare model was done with the P22x shaped slide, but towards the end of the Nightmare run we also got a couple of "Nightmare-ish" 1911s that were identical to the original Nightmare configuration except that it came with a traditional round top 1911 slide. It's been long enough that I don't remember if this variant was also named "Nightmare" like the original P22x slide version, but I have a vague, nagging thought that it wasn't. I almost bought one of those back then but alas I ultimately passed on it. I sort of wish that I hadn't; it was a pretty darn good-looking gun with the traditional slide.

-MG

Posts: 2004 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post