SIGforum
**Updated w/ picts***Sig P225 Classic Carry questions

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3960040354

February 05, 2019, 10:14 AM
rockchalk06
**Updated w/ picts***Sig P225 Classic Carry questions
I have an opportunity to get into this weapon locally for less than 600. Case, paperwork, 3 mags and weapon is in great shape.

I have a few questions:

Mags are the new P225-A1 8 rounders that come with it new. I assume this model will not use the older P225 mags like the P225-A1 models wont?

I see two models of the P225 listed on Sig's website. Two tone and the all black model, but they are labeled P225-A1 and have the nicer G10 grips. The classic carry isn't labeled this way and has a different set of grips. Looks alot like my P229 Classic Carry. Is this the only difference?

I'd be interested in anyone's opinion on this model, if you got them.

Thanks SF

Picked this up last night. Drove an hour in heavy fog and rain to get it. It better shoot like a dream Wink

School was canceled today, so I broke it down and deep cleaned it and oiled everything up. She is a beauty. Grips are very tacky and the fit is incredible. Fits my T&C2 for my M11-A1 perfect. If I decide to carry this, I'll need to get a custom mag pouch made. Double action pull is kinda heavy, but the SRT is killer. Fit and finish are great. Three 8 round factory mags, case and all paperwork for 580. I think I did ok.

And the fence picts:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,
February 05, 2019, 10:34 AM
All current variants of the the P225-A1 (made at SIG NH) have nothing to do with the old P225 (from W. Germany / Germany). Completely different. Nothing is interchangeable.

I see only one P225-A1 variant listed on SIG website at the moment, SKU # 225A-9-BSS-CL, which SIG now calls the P225-A1 Nitron Compact. This variant was the first one that came out, and SIG originally named it the "Classic" Roll Eyes. That's what the "CL" in the SKU stands for. Subsequently, they introduced the Two-tone, Wood, Threaded barrel, Tactical, and the limited Classic Carry. All are gone now, except for the one currently listed on their website.

The Classic Carry comes with the white racing stripes and the interesting looking G10 grips made by S.C.I. out in NH, not by Hogue. Should come with 3 mags. For some odd reasons, all the Classic Carry is quite cheap compared to other variants, $600 vs $800-$900. They're all the same, except for cosmetics. They are all excellent guns.

Q

February 05, 2019, 12:07 PM
rockchalk06
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
All current variants of the the P225-A1 (made at SIG NH) have nothing to do with the old P225 (from W. Germany / Germany). Completely different. Nothing is interchangeable.

I see only one P225-A1 variant listed on SIG website at the moment, SKU # 225A-9-BSS-CL, which SIG now calls the P225-A1 Nitron Compact. This variant was the first one that came out, and SIG originally named it the "Classic" Roll Eyes. That's what the "CL" in the SKU stands for. Subsequently, they introduced the Two-tone, Wood, Threaded barrel, Tactical, and the limited Classic Carry. All are gone now, except for the one currently listed on their website.

The Classic Carry comes with the white racing stripes and the interesting looking G10 grips made by S.C.I. out in NH, not by Hogue. Should come with 3 mags. For some odd reasons, all the Classic Carry is quite cheap compared to other variants, $600 vs $800-$900. They're all the same, except for cosmetics. They are all excellent guns.

I owe you a beer sir!

Thank you very much. Hopefully, I should have it tomorrow evening.