SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26 or 43??? Decided to give the 43 a try. What mag extensions?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26 or 43??? Decided to give the 43 a try. What mag extensions? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Mag extensions on an ultra compact make absolutely zero sense to me- you go out and buy the smallest possible platform in a given design/brand / caliber specifically for its size then Run out and make it bigger?!

Overall smallest is not what I was goin for just the thinnest.
A little added grip length is actually a welcomed plus so my pinky isn't flopping off the end so bad.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my G43 with the flat baseplate mag. I carry a mag with a Pierce +1 extension on the off side. They are only 7 or 8 bucks and I have 4 of them. They have all been perfect and I'm running them with the stock GLOCK mag springs. Plus they have a similar profile of the GLOCK extended baseplate.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
On duty, I carry a G43 on my ankle with a flush ETS 7 round mag. Off duty, I usually have an OEM mag with a Pearce +1 on it as I carry it IWB. I also carry two spare mags off duty, both with Vickers +2 base plates. All have been tested and proven reliable.

Ps. I also have a few of the ETS 9 round mags which have proven reliable with FMJ ammo, but I have not yet tested them with any duty ammo yet. If/when proven, they will likely replace the Vickers mags.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had great luck with the Suarez!

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I just bought some Taren Tactical + 2 extensionsfor my 43 and now my pearse and strike force 2 are going bye bye. the taren's are awesome.
now go buy a 42 you will love that gun, add some tarens to that, Trust me.

Posts: 5598 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Mag extensions on an ultra compact make absolutely zero sense to me- you go out and buy the smallest possible platform in a given design/brand / caliber specifically for its size then Run out and make it bigger?!

The Taran +1's add just enough to the grip length to make it a bit better-handling for me, while making it no less concealable. It is almost no difference at all in terms of function or feel while being carried. The added round is the biggest plus though.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ETS flush 7rd with a Pearce grip extension. I need to get some more rounds through it but the limited testing (7-8 mags worth) it works great.

Price is right too.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
ETS flush 7rd with a Pearce grip extension. I need to get some more rounds through it but the limited testing (7-8 mags worth) it works great.

Price is right too.

I wish they would use black plastic. The clear mag seems chintzy to me for some reason.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:

Price is right too.

Are you using the Pearce +1 extension bringing the mag capacity to 8?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not using the +1 Pearce and have read that it wont increase the ETS magazines.

So mine is just the regular Pearce on the 7rd ETS magazine. The little extra helps controlling the G43 for me.

And in this class of pistol, the thinness is what I'm looking for. If I can carry a G26 IWB it's not much harder carrying a G19, especially if the G26 has a grip extension.

Ankle carry I get that, however.

posted Hide Post
I haven't yet fired a G43. Perhaps I'll see if they have one at the range to rent. My gut feeling, though, is that the g26 is a better fit for me, having fired it. If I want a single-stack BUG, I'd lean toward a PPS, P239, or maybe even a shield.

ETA: I also *really* want to check out a VP9SK.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not using the +1 Pearce and have read that it wont increase the ETS magazines.

So mine is just the regular Pearce on the 7rd ETS magazine. The little extra helps controlling the G43 for me.

And in this class of pistol, the thinness is what I'm looking for. If I can carry a G26 IWB it's not much harder carrying a G19, especially if the G26 has a grip extension.

Ankle carry I get that, however.

Roger that. I had also read that the Plus One would not increase the ETS capacity but after reading your post I thought that maybe you found a way to make it work.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting a couple of Pearce +1s. As Suarez shipping cost is a bit ridiculous so 2 Pearce +1 cost the same as 1 Suarez.

————————————————

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I ended up getting a couple of Pearce +1s. As Suarez shipping cost is a bit ridiculous so 2 Pearce +1 cost the same as 1 Suarez.

I put the Pearce +1's on every single 43 magazine I have. Love them. On the 26 I use their +0 baseplate to get a full grip. The 26 and 17 are my favorite Glocks but that little 43 is great when you need to drop weight, or need something ultra concealable.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree that Suarez overcharged for shipping. That being said, I received both of my orders in two days [AZ to OH]. My buddy has the pierce, and the quality difference is night and day.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a +1 Taran Tactical ext. on mine and really like it.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
I have and like both the Vickers +2 and the Pearce +1.

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at Taran SUAREZ but honestly the Pearce works great, especially considering the price difference and weight savings. On both guns (42 and 43) all I want is a little extra purchase on the bottom of the magazines and the ETS mags give me the extra round already.

Added plus is no BILLBOARD marketing too. Wink