SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Handgun Box Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Handgun Box Question Login/Join 
posted
I purchased an old style Sig handgun box from ebay several months ago. It is black with sliding gray latches but it has a pebble grain texture, unlike the smooth texture on the older boxes. These boxes are no longer available from Sig as they have gone to the new style gray boxes with articulated latches. I believe the pebble grain box was for a P938 but the ebay ad has now disappeared. I had never seen one with the pebble grain before or since. Does anyone know the history of those boxes with the pebble grain finish?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: les45,

Posts: 273 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P320 9mm, that I bought new in 2018 came in a box like you depict. The made on date is May 2017. I purchased a new P229 Legion around the same time and it came in a slightly smaller case with a similar finish and closure. The made on date of this pistol is April 2017. Of course Sig sent me the ballistic case for the Legion after I registered.

I suspect the P320 case is larger because it included a paddle holster.

Posts: 761 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
You might look in the Gallery. There is a long thread on every box Sig ever made.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14013 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What box SIG uses is probably due to who they happen to hire (i.e., who's cheapest) to make these boxes at the time. The current basic boxes are rather crappy in quality, but I'm sure SIG is paying a bean counter-satisfactory price to someone for them.

I'm pretty sure that I have one box like yours, that came with a new P229 from around that 2017-18 timeframe.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post