SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tanfoglio Elite Limited 9mm: Pure Italian Sexiness **updated with range report page 1**
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tanfoglio Elite Limited 9mm: Pure Italian Sexiness **updated with range report page 1** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Oh really? I always thought the EAA/Tanfolios used their own mag. Hmmm, now that's got me thinking about an EAA.

Pretty sure that CZ mags 'will not' work with a EAA/Tanfoglio.

They won't work with a Tanfoglio TA90/BTA90...

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
quote:
Those are beauties! I wish they used CZ 75 mags. I'd be more interested if they did.

i'm pretty sure that those two guns he posted don't use the same mags. The Limited looks like a large frame gun and the stock 3 is a small frame.

They do actually. Both are large frame. They are actually almost identical in size.

I always thought the Stock III was a small frame gun. Good to know.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Report This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dusty78....destroyer of hope and dreams. Lol

A few years ago we had a batch of old stock EAA Tanfoglio mags that no one wanted. My boss let me have them and yeah I had hoped that they would work in one of my CZs. They of course didn't.

I suppose I need a Tanfoglio in order for me to finally use them, but I've managed to suppress that thought for years. Dusty, you are definitely not helping...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Those are beauties! I wish they used CZ 75 mags. I'd be more interested if they did.

i'm pretty sure that those two guns he posted don't use the same mags. The Limited looks like a large frame gun and the stock 3 is a small frame.

They do actually. Both are large frame. They are actually almost identical in size.

I always thought the Stock III was a small frame gun. Good to know.

EAA stopped making Small frame guns in 2005 I think. They are all large frame now. I think that's so for the elites and Match guns....not sure about the polymer or standard witness guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dusty78,

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
awesome. there is still some internet misconceptions about their line out there, particularly amongst the competition set.

The Lim Pro will probably be the direction i go if I ever go Tanfo.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting this gun on my radar. Definitely something I'm going to look into.
I wonder how it compares to my CZ shadow.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't see the value in some of the higher priced Shadows. I have handled a couple and shot one and it didn't blow my socks off. You can almost get both of my guns for one shadow.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The Tanfoglio Stock III appears to me to be an alternative to a SIG X5. Similar in many aspects.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
The Tanfoglio Stock III appears to me to be an alternative to a SIG X5. Similar in many aspects.

And under $900 at Bud's.
That is one sexy blaster fur shur.
If anyone wants great quality accessories or custom work done this guy is THE best.
http://henningshop.com/t/tanfoglio-/-eaa-witness
He was also a factory shooter for Tanfolio for quite a while.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Oh really? I always thought the EAA/Tanfolios used their own mag. Hmmm, now that's got me thinking about an EAA.

Pretty sure that CZ mags 'will not' work with a EAA/Tanfoglio.

They won't work with a Tanfoglio TA90/BTA90...

I believe the small frame Tanfolio and the CZ75 use the staggered mags as opposed to the large frame which is a true double stack.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I honestly don't see the value in some of the higher priced Shadows. I have handled a couple and shot one and it didn't blow my socks off. You can almost get both of my guns for one shadow.

I know exactly where you're coming from. That's why I bought the stripper model shadow(91154)and then added a few parts from CGW to make it silly accurate. It's the most accurate handgun I own.

I bought a SP-01 tactical(.40sw) first though which I upgraded parts with from CGW. That shoots just as good as my shadow.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

And under $900 at Bud's.
That is one sexy blaster fur shur.
If anyone wants great quality accessories or custom work done this guy is THE best.
http://henningshop.com/t/tanfoglio-/-eaa-witness
He was also a factory shooter for Tanfolio for quite a while.

Don't forget $15 mags from CDNN

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Witness Elite Match 10mm. Anybody know what holsters will work for this gun?

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Report This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of these in 45. The cz 97 is the only compatible magazine. I remember the first time I took my grips off and spotted the relief cut in frame at the magazine release. I thought it was a crack and I was about to have an attack of some sort. Very nice guns enjoy! Hope you where able to take advantage of Hennings 20% off sale.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Report This Post
Picture of MBOYD
posted Hide Post
Youtube Ben Stoeger to see how this gun can be raced. One of the best deals going out there. They are dominating a lot of USPSA Production Division matches out there. Great choice.

-mb

Posts: 684 | Registered: December 20, 2006Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If someone wants to get into the Tanfoglio world cheap this is an incredible deal for an all steel gun.

https://www.slickguns.com/prod...ed-31895?mobile=true

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

EAA stopped making Small frame guns in 2005 I think. They are all large frame now.

EAA don't make nothing. Wink

I thought (though I could be wrong) that Tanfoglio still made small frame guns, EAA just didn't import them. Of course, even if true this would be several year old information.

I may shoot mine this year. I shot it a lot one season. Then off and on. Then one match a year for a few years. Then not at all the last two years.

I was mean to mine right away. The trouble I had with my original Witness back in the early 90's, one of the reasons I sold it, was that if I drew from a holster, it either shot left or right, depending on my grip. When I got my Limited I noticed the same thing. But I remedied it with a minor grip shape change. Didn't help the resale value, but it fixed my grip issue. I also thinned down the safeties, which no one else but me seemed to like. lol I made them more 1911 like.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Dusty, I've been interested in that Witness Elite Limited since you posted this. I have been doing some reading and it appears that it can be difficult to find mags that fit the extended magwell and that are reliable when shooting. Have you bought any aftermarket mags? It seems they only come with one.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Report This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Dusty, I've been interested in that Witness Elite Limited since you posted this. I have been doing some reading and it appears that it can be difficult to find mags that fit the extended magwell and that are reliable when shooting. Have you bought any aftermarket mags? It seems they only come with one.

So large frame OEM mags work but you have to buy the silver base pads separately. The base pads are $20 and the mags are $15 at CDNN. If you get a stock 3 the all you need is the $15 oem mags and they work perfectly.

Picture of Inspector-Callahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Congratulations

That is one of my favorite EAA Pistols

I think the entire Elite family is amazingly low priced for such a excellent performing firearms.

Mine is chambered for 10MM Auto but I have been contemplating a second one in 38 Super

How does your gun handle with the 10mm? I just got one in 40 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet!

Thanks

Posts: 19 | Location: United States | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post