SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is a P320SP?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a P320SP? Login/Join 
Picture of Berg
posted
I bought this compact 9mm slide from JSD Supply and I'm not familiar with this model stamped on it. P320SP
It has an unmarked barrel and a front night sight.

The only reference I found online mention a P320SP sold to the Thailand military.

Posts: 784 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
The Sig P320SP has a manual safety.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Strange though because I’ve seen many photos of manual safety versions that don’t have the SP on the slide.

Posts: 784 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The pic posted above by 4859 mentioned Global Defense Solutions at the bottom, which would indicate the gun was made for foreign miltary/LE groups. So, from online digging, it appears the P320 SP was made for the Thai's National Police.

Translation from Thai by Google Translate.

https://thaicop.blogspot.com/2...g-sauer-p320-sp.html

The first Sig Sauer P320 sp lot has arrived !!
July 25, 2017

Come once! For the Police Service Brothers Sig Sauer P320 Firearms Since the era of Maj. Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang,
he was a police officer who made an unbelievable low price, over twenty thousand per cylinder.
But due to a coup d'etat Make way for america Slowing down the delivery of firearms to a non-elected government
But Thailand has always tried to coordinate And make the first lot of firearms 5,000 guns delivered to Thailand today (25 July 2017)

By the way, former Lt. Col. Somyot, Phumphan Muang, and Lt. Col. Tinnaphat Phumerin, CPB, were the recipients of the Sig Sauer P320 pistol.
The first 5,000 cylinders and will be delivered to the police officer who ordered the order in order on August 2,
the ordered version will have a special letter SP append (short for Somyot Pumphan Muang).
Sure enough) Standard equipment can be seen in the picture below.

This work must be credited to Pol. Maj. Gen. Somyot, who had successfully driven this project.
Shut the mouths of those who ridicule that they will be cheated. Will not get a gun? I have to thank you Somyot at this opportunity. P.S.

There is a police friend calling for another project like this. With those armor, radio communications, etc. Leave the commander to consider.
Did not use the public tax at least P.S.
The illustration is from the Sig Sauer factory visit in America.

Q

Posts: 22386 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Today you found out what your 'Special Purpose' Is for.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 5822 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy neighbor, I recently purchased the same kit from JSD supply. Do you have any recommendations on what grip module is an appropriate fit for that slide?

It seems JSD sent me a poly80 grip, why I don’t know??. Maybe Covid related...slide to frame fits but is this a carry or compact slide (320sp).

ccolvin, The East Bay

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Carry, per the SIG blurb a few posts up from yours.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 26472 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
I also purchased a P320SP as a full build kit. I have to serialize this firearm and desire to continue build is waning. I can buy a serialized, genuine Sig Sauer FCU from Glock Store, but says it is not compatible with manual safeties.

My question to experienced builders is can I buy this serialized FCU and modify it in the MUP-1 jig to accept the manual safety or are they completely different and I have to complete build? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
Guys, I found a solution to my customized Sig Sauer P320SP FCU question above, thanks.

Posts: 5 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post