SIGforum
Dawson Rear Sight Set Screw

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3890059494

September 21, 2022, 07:45 AM
greg1147
Dawson Rear Sight Set Screw
Any have the correct size set screw for a rear Dawson sight on a P320. Mine is MIA. I called Dawson and was directed to buy a service kit, $7.95 plus $7.95 shipping, seems a little much for a set screw. The tech didn't give the size just the part number. Good salesmanship, I guess. Or maybe he didn't know? The sight isn't going anywhere, just my OCD or what ever you call it. McMaster has about every size at $8.00 for 50 but not knowing the size. TIA for any tech.

"the soul of a dog is pure"
September 21, 2022, 09:35 AM
Jimmo952
quote:
Originally posted by greg1147:
Any have the correct size set screw for a rear Dawson sight on a P320. Mine is MIA. I called Dawson and was directed to buy a service kit, $7.95 plus $7.95 shipping, seems a little much for a set screw. The tech didn't give the size just the part number. Good salesmanship, I guess. Or maybe he didn't know? The sight isn't going anywhere, just my OCD or what ever you call it. McMaster has about every size at $8.00 for 50 but not knowing the size. TIA for any tech.

I don't know if I'd call that salesmanship. How much money do you think Dawson is making off that $7.95 sale?

I'm guessing it's less than $7.95.

I don't think the salesman ran into Mr Dawson's office yelling "we sold a screw! we sold a screw!"

I think I'd just pay the money and be sure I get the correct screw.

Obviously how you play this is up to you.
September 21, 2022, 10:17 AM
92fstech
Is it a supressor-height rear sight? If so, I have a spare you can have from a buggered up install...shoot me an email with your address and it's yours.
September 21, 2022, 10:26 AM
Jimmo952
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Is it a supressor-height rear sight? If so, I have a spare you can have from a buggered up install...shoot me an email with your address and it's yours.

If it's not suppressor height let me know. I think I have a few unused Dawson's rear sights laying around.

I'd be willing to mail a screw as well.
September 21, 2022, 10:29 AM
greg1147
Email sent

September 21, 2022, 10:31 AM
greg1147
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Is it a suppressor-height rear sight? If so, I have a spare you can have from a buggered up install...shoot me an email with your address and it's yours.

If it's not suppressor height let me know. I think I have a few unused Dawson's rear sights laying around.

Thanks
No email in your profile

September 21, 2022, 10:37 AM
Jimmo952
quote:
Originally posted by greg1147:
quote:
quote:
Is it a suppressor-height rear sight? If so, I have a spare you can have from a buggered up install...shoot me an email with your address and it's yours.

Thanks
No email in your profile

Ok. Let me see if I can fix that...
September 21, 2022, 10:41 AM
92fstech
Responded and on its way!
September 21, 2022, 10:46 AM
Jimmo952
I just sent you an email with my contact info.
September 21, 2022, 10:55 AM
greg1147
quote:
I just sent you an email with my contact info.

Replied thanks

September 21, 2022, 10:59 AM
greg1147
Now I know why this is the number one SIG forum.
Thanks for the responses.