SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 XL gripes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 XL gripes Login/Join 
posted
Been outta the SIG game for quite awhile. Then I picked up a P320X Compact and game over, right back in it. Ordered a large module for it and loving the gun…

…which brings me to my question. Leaning heavily towards a P365 XL, maybe just an X. I don’t usually care for grips that thin but as I get old and fat a skinnier carry gun seems wise.

This isn’t meant to be a ‘which one’ or ‘should I buy it’ thread. I just want to know what (if any) complaints you might have. As always, responses will be appreciated.

Posts: 205 | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have three P365XL's and in the 27 years that I have carried a handgun it is by far the best I've ever had.

Between all 3 my round count is over 7K and I've had zero malfunctions using over a dozen different brand/types of ammo.

I did convert two of my 12rd mags to 14rd mags with the magguts springs.

Lastly I shoot the XL just as well as my larger P320 X-Carry. Its pretty amazing how well the P365 series guns shoot.

If you want a thicker grip I suggest looking at the Wilson Combat grip module or just putting a few layers of grip tape on the gun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Probably the only negative thing I have to say about the X & XL is that if you run iron sights, the rear sight is integrated into the optic sight plate cover and is not adjustable.

Sig did it right on the P365-380. I believe they'll eventually update the X & XL to have the same non-integrated plate cover. They'd be stupid not to.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like the P365 XL. But, one thing I notice, and I think I have just average hands for a man, the grip is just a bit too narrow from front to back. I'd like more space for the flesh under my left thumb to press against.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I bought one on speculation, shot it once and immediately ordered an Alien Gear IWB holster cut for it and the Romeo Zero.

OTOH, I've got very small hands for a man and the grip fits my hand like it was designed strictly for me.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I usually don’t like beaver tails on pistols but really like the one on the XL. It makes for fast pointing.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
I just use the factory gripes.

(Please don't ban me]

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Good for its purpose of balancing size, capacity, concealability and shootability. I think the Wilson Combat grip module is a good upgrade over the stock, but the stock works too.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Bought an XL a few weeks ago and shot it for the first time earlier this week.
Amazingly accurate, and I haven't been to the range for about a year. Feels great in the hand and the iron night sites are more than good for real world CCW range. Easy to control.
I added the Magguts +2 to one magazine so it has 14 in the magazine +1 capacity. One less than my G19 and much more concealable.
The base plate is maybe .100" longer and not noticeable.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
My only small issue is the OEM grip module on mine seemed loose with quite a bit of vertical movement. I could even make it rattle a bit if I shook it aggressively. Shot great though. I replaced the grip with a Wilson Combat and it's tighter than a drum now.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
my gripe is ---- that when I showed mine to the wife, she liked it
after she shot it, I had to go buy her one

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Also available from Hogue are our 365XL HandALL grip sleeve alternative.
6 colors to choose from. MSRP $14.95 .

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post