SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Buying a used P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a used P365 Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
I guess with the MS P365 out, non-safety ones are getting traded in.

A LGS has a nice one, he'll trade me straight up for my P238 Sport w/four mags.

I've read so many P365 threads in the last several weeks, I can't remember what I've seen where. Forgive me for asking for a rehash of this stuff.

Is there a born-on date or earlier to avoid? Can I count on Sig making problems right? Is the striker design the main change so far? What with the hive members and range stories of thousands of trouble free rounds, it seems even the earlier ones have performed well all along, no? Is there something to absolutely look for on a used P365?

When Sig starts generally offering Coyote or FDE or whatever, I'll buy one but need to get on with the program and get a P365 now. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
that is not a great trade! I would buy new. unless they throw in a couple of mags and give you a 14 day return policy if it has problems!!!

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I agree. Buy a new P365. It's not expensive, and you will be the original owner without the unknown of a used gun. If anything happens, yours will covered by SIG limited lifetime warranty. Sell the P238 package separately and elsewhere.

Q

Posts: 26517 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget the trade. How much does he want for cash?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

$415. I took his word that it had seen little use, it looks that way. I'd considered selling the P238 on consignment with his place. Otherwise I'd be looking at shipping costs and factoring FFL costs at the other end. He's got a new P365 for $580 which is out of the question.

Now I'm feeling less good about the deal. I'll talk to him about the manufacture date and a return window. Looking at P238 prices, I thought an even swap was a good deal for a more useful piece. I do know from swaps with gun stores from many years ago, I'd always been royally screwed, no money changing hands blinded me now, huh?

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
Buy a new one.

If you decide to purchase it get SN and make sure it has the new striker design.

Especially since the 365 has had a sketchy start.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Go new. I believe the Sig warranty only covers the original purchaser. While they may still help you out, in the end its what's in writing. Several of the dealers including myself can source you a new one for a lot less than what's hes asking for a new one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WARPIG602,

Posts: 7913 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Go new. I believe the Sig warram9y only covers the original purchaser. While they may still help you out, in the end its what's in writing. Several of the dealers including myself can source you a new one for a lot less than what's hes asking.

He's asking $415 for the used one. You can source a new one for less than $415?

Q

Posts: 26517 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Go new. I believe the Sig warram9y only covers the original purchaser. While they may still help you out, in the end its what's in writing. Several of the dealers including myself can source you a new one for a lot less than what's hes asking.

A lot less than 580.00 for a new one.

Posts: 7913 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

The best I have seen is the LE models for $448. Where are the $415 ones. I shot one today and have to have one now

Posts: 1102 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

$415. I took his word that it had seen little use, it looks that way. I'd considered selling the P238 on consignment with his place. Otherwise I'd be looking at shipping costs and factoring FFL costs at the other end. He's got a new P365 for $580 which is out of the question.

Now I'm feeling less good about the deal. I'll talk to him about the manufacture date and a return window. Looking at P238 prices, I thought an even swap was a good deal for a more useful piece. I do know from swaps with gun stores from many years ago, I'd always been royally screwed, no money changing hands blinded me now, huh?

If you're getting rid of the 238 anyway, then why not?

I've been seeing P365's for 450 used, about 499. new.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
There's a local shop that has a used 2/18 production P365 in box with 2 mags, VG condition for $389. They also have another, 8/18 production in box with 2 mags and an IWB holster for $419.

$499 new is the standard in my area and $448 for the LEO/First Responder price.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4527 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input, guys, I've gone against the collective wisdom and made the trade.

9-18 manufacture, 2 mags, excellent condition. Not having fired it, just handling it, the P365 seems tailor made for me, a perfect fit for my smallish hand. I can't think of another gun I've been happier with in that regard.

I'll say now when Sig offers other colors, I'll get another P365. The wife can rack the slide with no problem, a big deal. We will need another P365 for sure. Ordered an UpLula, not getting two. Smile

I wasn't going to pay the premium for the one Coyote Lipsey that's out there, any P365 is better than none.

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. Recent storm damage maxing out the deductible and upcoming pricey dental work pending, I needed something positive. A no-dollar deal for a good P365 fit that bill.

Here's an odd thing about this deal, reinforcing my qualms about any LGS transactions. Despite what he had the gun listed at, his bill of sale lists the value of the P365 and P238 at $375 Cool . Was he selling that gun on consignment and playing games, I don't know. Whatever the case, I have a P365 now, good for me. Smile

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a used one for $425, but you can't tell that it has ever been shot. Now I need to get a holster.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Glock 19er
posted Hide Post
I too was thinking about buying a used 365. I was worried about the warranty so I called Sig.
They told me if it says Sig on it, they will take care of it, no charge, original owner or not.

>>>---Scalp'em 'Noles--->

Posts: 570 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Registered: March 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glock 19er:
I too was thinking about buying a used 365. I was worried about the warranty so I called Sig.
They told me if it says Sig on it, they will take care of it, no charge, original owner or not.

I would have to get that in writing. Not saying its 100% false, but the next customer service rep could tell you something completely different.

As much trouble as that gun has seen out of the gate, I would invest in a new one to ensure the warranty is valid.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
There's a local shop that has a used 2/18 production P365 in box with 2 mags, VG condition for $389. They also have another, 8/18 production in box with 2 mags and an IWB holster for $419.

$499 new is the standard in my area and $448 for the LEO/First Responder price.

I went to a local shop and they had a 2/19 production 365 with 2x10 rounders and 2x12 rounders for $425. I don't have a 365 so I was interested but still not ready to pull the trigger. Then I saw a 10% off used guns and asked if that applied to the 365 and he said it did. Needless to say I own a 365 now. It was $410 out the door.

Posts: 371 | Location: Lancaster,PA | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
Originally posted by Glock 19er:

I would have to get that in writing. Not saying its 100% false, but the next customer service rep could tell you something completely different.

As much trouble as that gun has seen out of the gate, I would invest in a new one to ensure the warranty is valid.

Yep, in the end its what's written down

posted Hide Post
From the horse's mouth:

quote:
SIG SAUER® Limited Lifetime Firearms Warranty
SIG SAUER warrants that the enclosed firearm was originally manufactured free of defects in material, workmanship, and mechanical function. For the lifetime of the original purchaser , SIG SAUER agrees to correct any defect in the firearm for the original purchaser by repair, adjustment, or replacement, at SIG SAUER’s option, with the same or comparable quality components (or by replacing the firearms at SIG SAUER’s option); provided, however, that the firearm is returned unloaded and freight prepaid to:
SIG SAUER
18 Industrial Drive Exeter, NH 03833
This limited warranty is null and void if the firearm has been misused; damaged (by accident or otherwise); fired with handloaded, reloaded, or improper ammunition; fired with an obstruction in the barrel; damaged through failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance as described in the manual accompanying the firearm; or if unauthorized repair or any alteration, including of a cosmetic nature, has been performed on the firearm. This limited warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear of any parts. Subject to the foregoing, this limited warranty confers the right to have the covered firearm or its parts repaired, adjusted, or replaced exclusively upon the original purchaser , which right is not transferable to any other person. No implied warranties of any kind are made herein, and this warranty does not apply to any accessory items attached or appurtenant to the firearm. In no event shall SIG SAUER be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising from or in connection with this limited warranty.

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-co...DATED-12-26-2018.pdf

That's directly from the current P365 owner's manual, page 64, Limited Lifetime Warranty, found at the Sig Sauer website.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Here is my "new to me" P365

SIG P365 LT by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post