SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Macro Module Delay
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Macro Module Delay Login/Join 
posted
I'm eager to try the X-Macro grip module on my P365 and P365XL pistols. Unfortunately, both are equipped with manual safeties. I'm not willing to carve up a new product to accommodate my safety levers. Why has Sig stalled the introduction of a modified X-Macro module, frustrating a large percentage of P365 owners who prefer the factory manual safety?

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Sig has access to the sales numbers and have decided that it wasn't worth it to put an XMacro grip module with manual safety cuts out at launch. They keep selling out of the version that's available now. Unless you can prove there's a large number of actual buyers out there waiting to buy it, Sig doesn't seem to be in a rush to put a manual safety version out right now.

You can wait possibly forever or you can modify an XMacro grip when you can get one. Or, and this might be the better option anyway, you can get the XMacro magazines with the adaptor floor plates and just use those.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where they screwed up was making it so thick at the cutout locations. The other grips are easy to mod. The Macro was, problematic.

Judicious use of the dremel yielded a decent product but it certainly was harder than it should have been.

I say dremel away. Slowly.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what percentage of P365 sales are manual safety models. Maybe, 20%? If Sig wants to keep their modularity features relevant, they need to include manual safety owners in future upgrades and options. The Sig Store currently has the X-Macro modules in stock for $80. I'm no Dremel master. I'll have to wait on the sidelines, for now.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
When ever I go to the cop shop they have loads of 365xl and 365 manual safety models due to a requirement at the the agencies that issue them in the area. Civilians are a different story.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you. You don’t have to be a dremel master. You do have to be willing to cut a little, look a little, cut a little more. Go slow. You can’t put it back. I can tell you from cutting out these cutouts a few times the safety will fit in before you get to the factory cutout shape. By that I mean, when it first fits there still is more plastic that the factory cuts away, you have a margin.

The beauty of this is that if you totally screw it up, which you won’t, you haven’t destroyed the gun. You are just 80 bucks or whatever they charge, out to buy a new module.

I bought the “jig” that Osage sells. You remove fcu, pin the jig in its place, and dremel away. Slowly. You are more than welcome to use mine all I ask is you mail it back when you are done. I don’t think I will ever need it again but I didn’t think I would ever own 6 365’s either. Lol Just send me a mailing address.

Or just go buy a Wilson Combat X module and chuck the Macro module. I find no advantage to that module. My Macro now wears a WC module and Macro mags but no Macro grip. I love the Macro 17 round mags but have found the grip module is dubious in value.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the Wilson Combat aftermarket on my XL and standard P365. I found the raised edges to be generally more abrasive than I cared for. I stuck with a Grayguns module on my XL and a Sig XL grip on the other. I'm interested in the X-Macro module because it looks larger and longer-- more mass for my large hand. Frankly, the 17-round capacity means little to me.
Thanks for your offer of the "jig." Osage warns the difficulty of using it on X-Macro grips due to their thickness. I'm going to wait this out and hope that Sig provides the module its manual safety customers require. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Another option, if you don't have to have the safety, is remove it from the FCU.

Posts: 4 | Location: Badlands of Montana | Registered: January 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I train to drop the safety, much like operating a 1911. It's the natural response for my thumb when clearing the holster. I'm not willing to sacrifice the extra safety margin I prefer, particularly when carrying IWB. Here's hoping that Sig will support its customers who've purchased safety equipped P365s but would like to adapt the new grip module.