SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Subcompact Sight Confusion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Subcompact Sight Confusion Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a P320 Subcompact in 9 mm a few weeks ago. October 2018 build date.
This one had the contrast sights that I want to swap out to XRay 1’s.
Gun shot well with the factory sights, and has the typical combat hold.
Before placing the order, I measured the sight heights. Although there are numbers on them, they are so small there is no chance I can read them.

Rear sight measures .230.
Front sight measures .200.

My expectation was rear .250, and front .220 (8/8 combo).
.030 difference between front and rear, so I am assuming the 8/8 replacement sights will work, but the height of the factory sights are confusing.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
SIG isn't consistent with sights like they used to be, at least on the P320 platform.

Many have reported either 6/8 or 8/8 sights on the P320. Of the four 9mm compact and subcompact I've owned, it was 50/50. I left them that way when I converted to night sights.

You're probably aware that SIG used to install 6/8 for .40s&w and .45acp, and 8/8 for 9mm and 357sig.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have two 9mm P320 carry models. One has a 6 front/8 rear, the other is 8 front/8 rear. I'm not sure why they did this, and under normal circumstances it wouldn't be a huge deal, but I've been shooting at 50 yards a lot lately, and it concerns me a bit because it could cause a point of impact variance at longer ranges.

Posts: 8412 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My subcompact 9mm X-change came with 8 front/6 rear night sights.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post