SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Let's see some Beretta 92/M9 eye candy....
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see some Beretta 92/M9 eye candy.... Login/Join 
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I love the 92's lines.

I remember liking the design so much as a kid that I picked up some dart guns molded in that shape, I think PLACO was the name, the kind of darts in the old days that had the "sucker" tips.

Its on my short list of pistols to pick up one of these days. The real one, not the dart gun, that is. Big Grin

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone sell me a EliteII!!

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Got word tonight from Josh at AGW that my 92D Centurion SAO conversion is almost complete (awaiting the correct rear sight) and will be heading back next week:

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^
Very nice! When I find a good deal on a 92d, im going that route.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
^^^

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does it take to do this?

the 92 is DAO isn't it? There is a way to convert it to SAO? I'd be very interested in something like this.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
My 92 FS.

Longbow, what make and model is that holster?

Thanks

Posts: 142 | Location: Across the big pond | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^

Thanks! There's been a lot of reasonably priced 92Ds on GB over the past couple of months.

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

the 92 is DAO isn't it? There is a way to convert it to SAO? I'd be very interested in something like this.

The 92D and 96D models are DAO. Based on my conversation with Josh @ AGW, a DAO or DA/SA frame can be used for a SAO conversion, however, a DAO slide is required. Both the slide and frame are machined to accommodate the frame safety, the rest is a parts swap.

AGW keeps SAO parts in stock or you can provide them. With the exception of the grips, everything else was sourced from AGW. I opted to go with their safety which is similar to the early Beretta frame mounted safety/decocker as well as that from Taurus. If I find I don't like it, it can be switched out with the current larger Beretta safety such as that found on the Centennial, however, it would be single side only.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:
^^^

Thanks! There's been a lot of reasonably priced 92Ds on GB over the past couple of months.

quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

The 92D and 96D models are DAO. Based on my conversation with Josh @ AGW, a DAO or DA/SA frame can be used for a SAO conversion, however, a DAO slide is required. Both the slide and frame are machined to accommodate the frame safety, the rest is a parts swap.

AGW keeps SAO parts in stock or you can provide them. With the exception of the grips, everything else was sourced from AGW. I opted to go with their safety which is similar to the early Beretta frame mounted safety/decocker and well as that from Taurus. If I find I don't like it, it can be switched out with the larger current Beretta safety, however, it would be single side only.

That is just too cool! The last few SIGs that I bought were SAO and they are amongst the best shooting pistols I have ever shot. Be sure to let us know how it goes at the range.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
That is just too cool! The last few SIGs that I bought were SAO and they are amongst the best shooting pistols I have ever shot. Be sure to let us know how it goes at the range.

Thanks! Over time, I've developed a preference for single-action. It's to the point where I've sold off or traded everything that wasn't, with the exception being my SP2022.

Hopefully, I can get out to the range soon with it. Time's been limited this year, although that hasn't stopped me from buying...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcs1564:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:

Thanks! Over time, I've developed a preference for single-action. It's to the point where I've sold off or traded everything that wasn't, with the exception being my SP2022.

Hopefully, I can get out to the range soon with it. Time's been limited this year, although that hasn't stopped me from buying...

With the notable exceptions of my WC Brig Tac and the Cen Tac (on order), I am on the same track, and need to get off my behind and list my DA/SA P226 Legion in the classifieds. I find that with the action tune I do pretty well with the Brig Tac. The SAO triggers on my SIGs are just so damn good!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My old duty pistol. 1990 92FS Stainless with a hard chromed SGS style compensator.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
Love all the Ghost 92s. I'm gonna get around to CasperiZing my 92c one day

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
The Centurion came in and I have to say that Josh does some nice work:

[/url]

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Centurion came in

Beauty! Love that model, and love the blacked out look. Very tastefully done.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jumme:
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
My 92 FS.

Longbow, what make and model is that holster?

Thanks

It's made by Whisky River Tactical.
Makes carrying the M9 IWB one of the most comfortable carries that I have.

They can be contacted at FMJ Armory in LaGrange, GA.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Are the grips for the 92 and 96 the same?
A co-worker has a 96 with nice rosewood(?) grips and I have a 92 with an laser max on the right grip, rubber on the left ... I know that it would be easy for us both to just bring the grips to work but we never seem to remember them on the same day so I thought I'd ask the brain trust here!

Also, does the red laser have a premium over the wood?

Thanks in advance!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Are the grips for the 92 and 96 the same?
A co-worker has a 96 with nice rosewood(?) grips and I have a 92 with an laser max on the right grip, rubber on the left ... I know that it would be easy for us both to just bring the grips to work but we never seem to remember them on the same day so I thought I'd ask the brain trust here!

Also, does the red laser have a premium over the wood?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the grips are the same. Can't help you with the laser vs the wood.