SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 Langdon - wondering about grips, box, date
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Langdon - wondering about grips, box, date Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I bought this P220 Langdon online some time ago. It came in a older grey case and with SIG signature Nill grips. Most of the others I see do not have the the signature grips and come in blue boxes.

On the one hand this box had two manuals in it, one old, one newer, two mags, but one of them is a seven round magazine. On the other hand, the Certificate of Authenticity with some hang tags was in the box.

I'm wondering, based on the grips if this was an early offering of the Langdon as the SIG picture does show signature grips. I'm wondering of the box, though unusual might possibly be original. I'm also then wondering about the date.

I've only seen on other Langdon in a similar box but that was on Armslist.

It also does not have the short trigger as advertised for the Langdon, though not all those I've seen have that trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWolf,

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
My P220 Langdon came with the non-SIG logo grips. I will have to pull it out of the safe to look at the color of the box. It was so long ago I do not remember. I can not make out the first digits of your serial number. Mine is G352xxx

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The gun might be all original, which is beautiful, but I suspect the box is not. And, I'm pretty sure the factory didn't put 3 warning hang tags in there, along with 2 different manuals.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The gun might be all original, which is beautiful, but I suspect the box is not. And, I'm pretty sure the factory didn't put 3 warning hang tags in there, along with 2 different manuals.

Right. I also suspect the 7 round blue magazine would not be original with that gun.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
My P220 Langdon came with the non-SIG logo grips. I will have to pull it out of the safe to look at the color of the box. It was so long ago I do not remember. I can not make out the first digits of your serial number. Mine is G352xxx

Interesting, mine begins with G362, so later than yours. That seems to rule out the signature grips being an earlier edition. I would say they are not original though the Official SIG picture has them and I've seen others with them, but only a few.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows the Langdon's are extra deadly hence the additional warning tags.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Everyone knows the Langdon's are extra deadly hence the additional warning tags.

There you go!!

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Mine came in a blue box, 2 old style (8 round,non dimple) mags, non signature grips.

Yes, because there were a very limited number of Langdon's, they are much more deadly than than the typical P-220.

Seriously though, it is a great looking P-220.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is dead sexy. Two tone guns, IMO, look right when the slide is black.

Rob

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My '94 P229 came in the gray case and my '98 came in a black one. I think blue followed in the 2000's. I don't know when the Langdon's started, but perhaps the previous owner just put it in whatever case he had handy, and couldn't remember what manual went with it, so he put two.

As for the short trigger not being present, unless I'm missing something, your photos show the short trigger.

Anyway, sweet looking pistol. Hope it shoots as nice as it looks!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I think the Langdon P220 was some time in the mid 2000. That's why I suspected that gray plastic case is not original to the OP's gun.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I cannot comment on the box or trigger being original but, that is one beautiful P220.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That looks like the older 8mm wide trigger. Is it serrated?

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by winter_war:
That looks like the older 8mm wide trigger. Is it serrated?

It's not serrated.

I don't believe it's the short reach trigger. That trigger and the standard P220 trigger are difficult for me to tell apart in pictures. Depending on the angle they look similar to me.

posted Hide Post
SigWolf,

I have two, they both came in blue boxes with the white manual, non-logo stippled rather than checkered Nill grips. G3545XX and G3549XX with a fired cartridge showing 2004 with the 9xx pistol.

Both came with standard triggers, although the short trigger was an option through the Custom Shop.

Hope this helps, enjoy your new Langdon!

Posts: 237 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The box is not original to the gun, it's from the 1990's. Langdon P220s came in the blue SIG cases used in the early to mid 2000's.

That being said....nice gun!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming this is a SS frame?

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
I'm assuming this is a SS frame?

The whole thing is SS.

Q

posted Hide Post
Really is SUCH a good looking piece. I had the opportunity to buy one and passed it up. Shame really.

Enjoy it.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
They were supposed to come with the short trigger but many (including mine) got a standard trigger. Sig sent me a short trigger for it free of charge.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post