SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Top Gun has a limited amount of X Compact grip modules in stock.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Gun has a limited amount of X Compact grip modules in stock. Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
and it seems a wee bit smaller than the regular Medium grip.

It's a wee bit thinner/smaller than the Medium X-Carry grip too.

I'm undecided on that, but with my big hands, I think I slightly prefer the grip circumference of the X-Carry. I know some folks complain about the wide beavertail on the X-Carry, and really like the thinner beavertail on the X-Compact, but that's not an issue for me.

The abbreviated rail is my only real complaint with it, but this will work well for times when I don't need a light, but do need it to be slightly more concealable than the X-Carry. I'm still holding out hope that they'll release a version with a normal Compact/Carry-length rail.

The magazine compatibility issue is annoying, but 10 minutes using some side cut pliers and sandpaper on the baseplates had 5 Compact mags up and running.

I especially like that the grip is exactly the right length for my rather wide hands. It's just as short as it can be, without having to alter my grip during reloads. Even a fraction of an inch shorter would be too short for me, and I'd have to lift my pinky finger to fully seat a magazine and avoid the pinch.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
I ordered & received the compact X-grip (within 2 days), put it on a older compact, was a bit snappy, but shot well and was accurate. It carry's very well, doesn't print as much as the larger X-grips (Compact carry's the way the Carry should- she sells sea shells.....)

I prefer full-size guns and am able to carry under a jacket every day - but the grip really improves on the X-grips - now Sig needs to slightly reshape the rounding on all the other x-grips so I can continue to pour money into the company.

I also just bought the X-Compact b/c I don't have enough 320's yet (TGS, OCG, GG's, I love SF!).

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
and it seems a wee bit smaller than the regular Medium grip.

It's a wee bit thinner/smaller than the Medium X-Carry grip too.

I'm undecided on that, but with my big hands, I think I slightly prefer the grip circumference of the X-Carry. I know some folks complain about the wide beavertail on the X-Carry, and really like the thinner beavertail on the X-Compact, but that's not an issue for me.

The abbreviated rail is my only real complaint with it, but this will work well for times when I don't need a light, but do need it to be slightly more concealable than the X-Carry. I'm still holding out hope that they'll release a version with a normal Compact/Carry-length rail.

The magazine compatibility issue is annoying, but 10 minutes using some side cut pliers and sandpaper on the baseplates had 5 Compact mags up and running.

I especially like that the grip is exactly the right length for my rather wide hands. It's just as short as it can be, without having to alter my grip during reloads. Even a fraction of an inch shorter would be too short for me, and I'd have to lift my pinky finger to fully seat a magazine and avoid the pinch.

I have only four magazines for my Compact, and have decided to hit the LGS tomorrow for new production magazines if available. A guy deserves more than four of them anyway. Made an edit on my post; I got the TLR-7 on easily, but closer exam showed why it was easy; notches didn't match.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I agree that the X-compact medium feels like the regular compact module in small.

It is considerably slimmer in the hand than a medium X frame (from my Vtac).

I haven't shot it yet, but I'm torn over how good it feels in dry fire with the rail being too short for a light, therefore disqualifying most of my holsters.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, the ideal grip frame size would be one with an x- compact grip length but with the X-carry accessory rail length, so it can be used with most weapon lights. And also have it come in at least medium and large sizes.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biggy:
To me, the ideal grip frame size would be one with an x- compact grip length but with the X-carry accessory rail length, so it can be used with most weapon lights. And also have it come in at least medium and large sizes.

Yep. I totally agree.

But they'd have to mark it as something like L and XL.

Because the current X-Compact grip is marked M, but seems like it is actually closer to a standard Small. So the L would be more like a standard Medium, and the XL more like a standard Large.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The x-compact grip is just such that my thumb more easily rests alongside the frame, and with a thumbs-forward grip, one resting atop the other, I activated the slide lock about half a dozen times. That didn't happen with the x-carry grip, which is a bit differently contoured where it meets the web of the hand. I had to focus on not activating the slide lock; the difference is subtle in the grips, but it's there.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
Anyone have a picture of an X Compact grip module on a standard 320 Compact slide?

Thanks! Looks sweet!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks! Looks sweet!

I agree, looks great. Sig could do away with the standard 320 models and just focus on the X-Series. They look and feel so much better.

Posts: 953 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
I really don’t care about 30-49 worth of base pads. I think the x series frames are worth it.

I couldn't agree more, the X-Series frames change the whole P320 for me.

I get why a lot of people won't like doing it, but I've just dremeled out the grip modules so old and new mags work in them. Dremel it then light sanding to smooth it out. You can see it if you are looking for it of course, but it's not visible with a mag in the gun and I know it work with all the mags.

I wouldn't do this on a normal frame, but am just fine with it on a $50 grip module.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slare:
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
quote:
I really don’t care about 30-49 worth of base pads. I think the x series frames are worth it.

I couldn't agree more, the X-Series frames change the whole P320 for me.

I get why a lot of people won't like doing it, but I've just dremeled out the grip modules so old and new mags work in them. Dremel it then light sanding to smooth it out. You can see it if you are looking for it of course, but it's not visible with a mag in the gun and I know it work with all the mags.

I wouldn't do this on a normal frame, but am just fine with it on a $50 grip module.

Well shit, got my X-carry module today and my compact magazines don't work? Neither do my full size? I am confused, I cannot find "carry" magazines on Sigs website?

Then the flat trigger I ordered does not reset? I have one of the first 320's that came out years ago and the inside relief cut of the flat trigger is different than the relief cut of the stock curved trigger?
Any help would be appreciated.

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you get your pistol "upgraded" to the new style thin trigger with the mods for the slide and fire control unit?

There's no such thing as a "carry" magazine; there's a 17 round magazine that fits the full size grip, which includes the carry size module.

A compact is a 15 round magazine. A compact will also take the 17 round magazine.

The reason why the magazines won't fit into your x-carry grip has been expounded on at great length here, including a number of current threads: the "dog ears" on the magazine base are too wide for the base of the grip (the "funnel" area).

Current magazines have thin dog ears that fit inside the x-grip. For older magazines, you can cut off the dog ears; some grind them, some snip them off with flush cuts. I removed some with a flush nipper today, and carved the remaining bit off with a utility knife.

If carrying the compact grip, the 17-round magazines work unmodified, because they extend below the grip. I ran a steel shoot a few nights ago with a P320 in the new x-compact module, using 17 round magazines. They worked fine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
Well shit, got my X-carry module today and my compact magazines don't work? Neither do my full size? I am confused, I cannot find "carry" magazines on Sigs website?

All Carry grip module are too long for Compact magazines. Compact magazines will only work in Compact or Subcompact grip modules. So a Compact magazine will never work in your X-Carry grip.

Carry grip modules only work with Full Size magazines. And that special X-Carry grip in particular only works with full size magazines with the new style baseplates. Older magazines won't work without modifying or updating the baseplates.

There are a number of threads over the past year discussing this issue with magazine compatibility for the X-Series grip modules. (Including discussion in this very thread as it pertains to the X-Compact and Compact magazine compatibility.)

For an in-depth explanation of the baseplate issue on an X-Carry grip, and how to resolve it, see my posts here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6550044544

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents, that does help somewhat.
1. No, my 320 compact is in .357 Sig and does NOT have the trigger update, but I mentioned that to Sig when I ordered the flat trigger and he assured me it would fit no problem?
2. Very aware of the mag issue and have actually ground off the ears on my compact mag to fit the X-series compact module I recently bought.
3. Ordered the carry module for my .357 Sig so I could mount my X400 on it after buying the X-compact I cannot mount a light/laser.
4. Problem is with my full size; it is in 9mm. So you can see the dilemma.
5. I know, buy different mags right? But I don’t think they make full size mags in .357? Besides, I have a metric shit-ton of mags now in all these different setups. My compact mags in .357 are 13 rounders.

The truth is; I am tired of all the fucking around with the mags, modules, triggers, updates, baseplates etc.
I am thinking I am going back to my 226 SAO in 9mm and my 239 in .357 Sig and calling it good?
No trying to slam the 320, I’m just getting weary.

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1300 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
5. I know, buy different mags right? But I don’t think they make full size mags in .357?

Yes, they do...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...357sig-magazine.html

Cheaper here:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/si...-round-magazine.html

Or here:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/161513

Bottom line: You won't be able to use your X-Carry grip on your .357 P320 unless you get some full size .357 magazines.

Not sure why that's making you want to give up on the P320... With any other handgun, you'd also need the right size magazines in the right caliber to go with it. You can't use P229 magazines in a P226. Or 9mm P226 magazines in a .357 P226.

Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
5. I know, buy different mags right? But I don’t think they make full size mags in .357?

Yes, they do...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...357sig-magazine.html

Cheaper here:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/si...-round-magazine.html

Or here:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/161513

Bottom line: You won't be able to use your X-Carry grip on your .357 P320 unless you get some full size .357 magazines.

Not sure why that's making you want to give up on the P320... With any other handgun, you'd also need the right size magazines in the right caliber to go with it. You can't use P229 magazines in a P226. Or 9mm P226 magazines in a .357 P226.

Damn you Rogue, damn you... Smile
You must work for Sig!
Guess I missed those mags on Sigs website
Problem with the X-Carry is it fits me perfect AND my X-400
Sigh, now I gotta buy more mags
Thanks for all the info man

X-Carry with X-400 but no mags... yet

Your way
or
YAHWEH

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So help me out:

The X-carry is the same frame as the V-tac, right? So it only takes 17 rounders?

And the X-compact is the same as the compact (15 rounders), obviously.

Am I missing a frame that's in between, with 15 rounders and a full length rail?

Lol, my 320 frames are just multiplying endlessly already, and I only have two FCUs/slides.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Am I missing a frame that's in between, with 15 rounders and a full length rail?

Nope. Not yet, at least.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
A large part of the confusion comes from the fact that although both are called "compact", they are actually different sizes.

The X Compact is a 3.6" barrel/slide/upper (whatever you want to call it) assembly, and the standard Compact is a 3.9" upper. So the standard Compact has a longer rail because it has a longer upper than the X Compact.

The baseplates that have the newer stylized "SIG" on the bottom will fit X grip modules. The older "Sig Sauer" marked plates will not fit the X modules.

I agree that Sig should include a goddamn flow-chart with every gun, since the possible set-ups and combos are so vast.

In handling the X Compact, I will say it's the cat's ass of set-ups in the 320 line. It's as close as you can get to the "perfect" G19 ratio of size to capacity in a Sig.

I expect - with the advent of the X Compact and the 365 still selling briskly - that Sig will discontinue the 320 Sub-Compact. For only a very slight increase in size, the X Compact gives you a flush-fit 15+1, and for a very measurable decrease in size, the 365 can give you 12+1. The 320 SC has found itself kind of out of place in the line-up.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
The X-Compact grip modules are now back in stock at the Sig Web Store and available for order. Ordered mine today.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post