SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Gas Pedals" Yea or Nay?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Gas Pedals" Yea or Nay? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
Hereafter I shall refer to them by their synonym: flatulence bar.
I kinda liked the term inspired by MikeinNC's comment: Douche Pedal™ Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Sadly his Internet trail of stupid is long and winding.

FWIW… when I bought a generic thumb rest Wink to try on my Limited gun as mentioned early on in this thread, I made sure to avoid said company because of seeing this nonsense in the past. Some people are their own worst enemy.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, so I am told.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A perfectly appropriate and earned CUT. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
He is the embodiment of the saying, "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.”

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He should probably put a band-aid on that and have a tall glass of kool aid, maybe play some frisbee, or ride a jet-ski.

Maybe pop some bubble wrap, who knows. Get some chapstick for that chapped ass..

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All this idiotic "hater" nonsense. Utterly juvenile.

The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is indifference. I don't give a tinker's dam about this guy's silly little gadget, wasn't even aware of their existence before all of this.

My concern is about this guy's behavior in this forum. He bumps a months-old thread without telling us his identity, ignores my urging him to identify himself, yammers on about trademarks and haters and the Chinese without ackowledging the points I made.

It's just not the way to behave in this forum, and as I said earlier in this thread, I suspect that this guy is more than old enough to know how to behave, and to know the shit he was pulling was disingenuous and deceitful. I suppose he can serve as an example to other as to how to not act.

Some people are just awkward online, perhaps not enough time in places such as this in order to become comfortable.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It's just not the way to behave in this forum, and as I said earlier in this thread, I suspect that this guy is more than old enough to know how to behave, and to know the shit he was pulling was disingenuous and deceitful...

Maybe not...
His juvenile behavior reminds me of some kid working in Daddy's office, with just enough decision making ability, and not enough experience to get his lil ass in trouble.

"I reached out to the company"...
What did you do, yell down the hall to dad?

The behavior HE has shown in this thread, and now knowing the fact that HE represents the company, yeah, I'll NEVER buy his product, EVER. I'll recommend to my friends that they DONT BUY a stupid thing that sticks out from the side of my gun with whatever "TM" this kid has.
I don't know, maybe collectively a hundred or so people.
SWAT, Law Enforcement (local, state and federal), I still have some contacts and friends & family over on the Military side, instructors and competition shooters of all different disciplines.

Rule #1- Don't be a dick unless you have to be a dick...
There was zero reason to be disingenuous. "Hey guys, I'm So-n-so of "Douche Pedal", my Dads company, what questions do you have?
Not hard at all.
Maybe even that way, by admitting that you're part of the company, letting us know what his product can do for us, help us shoot better.... He might be able to open up another solid venue for business. Instead, he did a Google search for "Douche Pedal for guns", and clicking on what comes up, thinking this is the New American Way; see how many "likes" he can get on some social media platform.
But he chose (knowingly or unknowingly) the tougher path.
He lost my business, probably a lot of my friends, and more than likely A LOT of people on S/F.

Oh well.... Hope daddy don't find out.

Now I gotta hop in my Jeep and hit the Gas Pedal to get over to my Mom's house and cut some grass. Oh, there's a Gas Pedal on the mower too...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This guy is no kid, believe me.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This guy is no kid, believe me.

I'm just gonna leave this here. Comments are... illustrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhcdvBm37Kw&t=8s

If one were to perhaps click on the "GoGunUsa" profile in the comment, it brings up his... I mean, their channel. It's loaded with videos of the same guy over and over. He's no kid.

They also make the DouchePedal®™ For Rifles®™, to be used in conjunction with a VFG or handstop, but, uh... C-Clamp literally exists and that's Free®™.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn sure ain’t acting like an adult

Yeah, no “Douche Pedal” for me, and just showed this thread to a husband and wife team who are LE instructors and Concealed Carry instructors as well… they both said a big ole NOPE for the company.

Oh well…
Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
No cake?
No ALL CAPS?
No >>><<<?

This flame out was lame. 2 out of 5 stars. Would not recommend.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Master Recoil
The Align Tactical® THUMB REST TRIGGER PIN integrates an ergonomic ledge for the support hand's thumb to firmly lock down against, serving as a brake against muzzle flip to provide the fastest follow-up sight picture. Increased surface contact with the pistol reduces support hand slippage while providing an index point for a consistent high thumbs-forward grip. Swaps in seconds to offer maximum control and speed in Glock® and select Glock-compatible pistols for a competitive edge.

https://www.aligntactical.com/...umb-rest-trigger-pin

You're welcome. Smile

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
That looks painful. Your thumb wont slip with that pin driven through it!

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Competitive edge" Perhaps, but, to me, these gadgets are an answer in search of a question. I just can't see myself ever using such a thing.

posted Hide Post
For EDC carry, nay, maybe for a range/race gun. Tricked out a Glock one time, extended slide release,mag release, a few other goodies, kept it that way for a week, then it went back to stock. Found out that all the extras were just in the way.

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I noticed the same thing. Both my 320's have a low profile 'gas pedal'. I was shooting last night and was having issues with the gun not locking back on the last round. This is highly unusual as I've had one malfunction out of both my 320's in several thousand rounds. Turns out thAT I have to rotate my support hand forward to use the pedal. That was allowing my firing hand thumb to rest on the slide stop. Now that I know, I've modified my grip to not do that.

Take them, or leave them, but using one of these may require a little modification to your grip to be fully effective.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
For shooters in the top few percentile range of shooting skill, it might help them eek an extra few tenths of a second off follow-on shots.

For everyone else, it'd just be introducing another route for undesired grip input, which is a major factor in accuracy issues with many shooters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I realized years ago that 'our' gun culture here on the internet is much like the hot rod car culture and others like them.... a zillion aftermarket items to help improve the original product... some of them actually practical and useful and a good many just something to waste money on. I've got way too large a collection of the latter.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I shoot steel out in the desert, and the gas pedals get very hot at the end of the competition, to the point I’m pretty sure I got a first degree burn on my thumb.

Makes it easier to take down the 320, though.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I realized years ago that 'our' gun culture here on the internet is much like the hot rod car culture and others like them.... a zillion aftermarket items to help improve the original product... some of them actually practical and useful and a good many just something to waste money on. I've got way too large a collection of the latter.

Trick of the week.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post