SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gift from a friend P229 Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gift from a friend P229 Legion Login/Join 
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted
My friend's brother (an FFL) passed on and left his estate to him, and knowing I was a Sig enthusiast he gifted me a nice P229. It'll be my new nightstand gun, and the 6-shooter can go back in the safe.

ETA: Good to know that the challenge coin is lethal in the state of Kommiefornia

Posts: 2019 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you’ve got an awesome friend! Enjoy your new pistol - she’s a beauty.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5593 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congratulations on your pistol!

Posts: 21 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 16, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That'll make for a very nice house gun. Put a light on it and you're all set.

Posts: 108087 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 229 Legion is on my want list for sure, yours looks great.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great friend you have. I have a cousin to that gun of yours, a two-tone P228 Legion SAO.

Q

Posts: 26765 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

100%. A nice Surefire would look pretty good on that. Combined with some GoldDots and you have a hell of a score!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17392 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

100%. A nice Surefire would look pretty good on that. Combined with some GoldDots and you have a hell of a score!

Is there a specific model Surefire that you’d recommend?

Posts: 609 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Practice with that SAO action. You'll enjoy it if you get the hang of the thumb motion as you present the weapon. It was too challenging for me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5141 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

Is there a specific model Surefire that you’d recommend?

The X300s are very nice; even a used X200 would be very adequate.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17392 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool gift from an unfortunate event. The color of he Legion guns is growing on me more and more.

Posts: 6948 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your friend's brother. That is a terrific gift, P229s are great.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3426 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post