SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA for HK P30 owners (holster)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA for HK P30 owners (holster) Login/Join 
posted
Hey all. If you read any of my posts I have been bitten hard by the HK P30 V1 bug. I shant bore you with the details.

Here is the PSA. I have been looking at various holsters for P30 use. IWB and OWB. I was going through my holster bin and found a Safariland ALS holster that not only fit but basically fit like it was made for the gun fit.

Then I went looking for the holster. Safariland website is a literal joke but a post on pistol forum sent me to Ebay which I normally avoid like communicable diseases.

Lo and behold, the FFDO (Federal Flight Deck Officer, armed commercial pilots) apparently flooded the reseller market with 7378TSA ALS holsters for the USPc in 40. On ebay these things are brand new, come with the QLS fork and receiver and a paddle. Brand new. I got 2 for 21.25 apiece which I thought was outstanding.

I took the paddle off and put a belt slide on one and it is perfect. Disclaimer, I love ALS holsters.

Posts: 7331 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, that's a killer deal. I have no use for the holster unless it somehow miraculously fits something I already have, but just the QLS gear alone is worth double that. I ordered one.

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think about that. Now that you say it though, Safariland wants $17 apiece for the fork and $17 for the receiver. If it wasn’t for contracts I swear Safariland would be out of business in a year.

(The obvious answer is you need to buy a P30 V1 duh)

Posts: 7331 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been trolling EBay for months now for high end vintage holsters and other gear. There are some killer deals out there, but you have to dig for them. There has been quite a bit of Safariland stuff lately.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15989 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I didn’t think about that. Now that you say it though, Safariland wants $17 apiece for the fork and $17 for the receiver. If it wasn’t for contracts I swear Safariland would be out of business in a year.

(The obvious answer is you need to buy a P30 V1 duh)

Yeah...plus tax and shipping, and you need two receivers for it to be useful, and a paddle or belt loop to hang it on. It adds up fast. They do make good stuff, but they're proud of it, and ordering from them is a pain.

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post