SIGforum
Sig 320 Spectre or Staccato p dpo

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/3720067294

June 16, 2022, 07:25 PM
venenoindy
Sig 320 Spectre or Staccato p dpo
I would like a fun gun and I'm having a hard time deciding what to pick, this will be pure fun what would you pick?What Ould you pick and why?Sig 320 SpectreStaccato P duo
June 16, 2022, 07:48 PM
Bob RI
I already have 2 P320's and have been very tempted by the Staccato.
June 17, 2022, 12:36 AM
DaBigBR
Not even in the same category. The P320 will be "fine", but the Staccato will be a lot more fun. I find the current crop of 2011s to be some of the most shootable out of the box guns I have ever handled.
June 17, 2022, 10:07 AM
cslinger
While I’ve not handled a modern Staccato, the STI pistols I have shot have been AMAZING range guns. For a purely fun blaster I’d probably go staccato and agree they are sort of in a different league. If I wanted a more “do all” pistol the SIG would get my nod. I’m not even a “1911” guy so to speak. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
June 17, 2022, 10:25 AM
Snake207
Staccato all they way.

The Spectre is just a blinged out, mass-produced 320.

The Staccato is a semi-custom, hand-fitted pistol.

June 17, 2022, 10:58 AM
P250UA5
For a range pistol that won't be carried, I'd go Staccato.
Got some range with with a Staccato P at a vendor event & really liked it. Price tag was out of my budget, but it was a joy to shoot.

The Enemy's gate is down.
June 17, 2022, 12:36 PM
Oat_Action_Man
Yeah, wildly different animals. And like $1000 difference in price.

The STI is very much a different league than any 320, as far as fit and finish go.

Both are excellent guns, but very different. I'd ask myself two questions: do I want to spend way more money on the STI and am I good to go with using the manual safety.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
June 17, 2022, 04:03 PM
.38supersig
As for something to have fun with and having to choose between the two:

P Duo.

June 18, 2022, 08:19 AM
DanH
Another vote for the Staccato. If you're thinking about the Spectre Comp, that's a little harder since it's closer to a Staccato XC for $3,000 less, but the regular Spectre isn't worth it.
June 18, 2022, 02:57 PM
DaBigBR
I doubt that the Spectre Comp shoots anything like an XC. I haven't shot a Spectre Comp, but I do have some comped pistols and the Staccato P is still a far better shooting experience.

...my XC won't be here until August, though.
June 19, 2022, 11:22 AM
venenoindy
Happy fathers day!, well I went to one of the local shops and they had a Staccato P DPO threaded barrel and it came home with me. later today I will hit the range.
June 19, 2022, 01:54 PM
.38supersig
Cool!

June 19, 2022, 02:31 PM
Bob RI
Congrats! Looking forward to your comments on the first range trip.
June 19, 2022, 03:51 PM
DanH
Lube it till it's wet and run it dry.
June 19, 2022, 07:19 PM
venenoindy
My son and I took the Staccato to the range and put about 200 rds through, 0 malfunctions and this thing is great. I'm glad that I bought it just need to buy a few mags and holster, of corse a lot of ammo Smile.
June 19, 2022, 07:33 PM
DaBigBR
Awesome! Enjoy it.

There are several compensator options specific to the Staccatos that are either available or in development. May be worth considering.
June 21, 2022, 08:03 AM
venenoindy
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Awesome! Enjoy it.

There are several compensator options specific to the Staccatos that are either available or in development. May be worth considering.

I'm looking forward to getting a compensator, but for now first a few magazines and a holster.
June 21, 2022, 11:12 AM
Oat_Action_Man
May be worth checking out Hilton Yam's maintenance video if this is your first 2011:

https://youtu.be/TbvrvAEjDrw

Lube is good. Cleaning beyond a wipe down maybe not so necessary. I've had no issues using either a P or C2 across multiple days of class without a proper cleaning, just some lube.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
June 21, 2022, 11:41 AM
Snake207
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Awesome! Enjoy it.

I'm looking forward to getting a compensator, but for now first a few magazines and a holster.

Dawson Precision makes one that is pretty sweet. Just FYI Big Grin

https://dawsonprecision.com/ic...by-dawson-precision/

June 23, 2022, 10:50 PM
ctdw
Can’t go wrong with a Staccato. I have a C2 and XC and previously had a P. I take my C2 to range more than any other gun I own.