SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Beretta APX A1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta APX A1 Login/Join 
Picture of sigseller2000
posted
Looks like they have redesigned the APX and added a few more features. I know this has been an unloved platform, but I love my Centurion and Combat models. Not sure how the link will come out, it is to shooting times facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Shoot...MJ0ybWpA&__tn__=EH-R

Posts: 791 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Is this the updated Nano?

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
no, updated full-size pistol. The updated nano is called the APX A1 Carry. Little confusing. and the updated nano still sucks

Posts: 791 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Link doesn't work for me

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3219 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigseller2000:
no, updated full-size pistol. The updated nano is called the APX A1 Carry. Little confusing. and the updated nano still sucks

^^^^^
I actually like mine. The trigger is reminiscent of a DA only in my mind. I was hoping they had worked on the trigger a bit.

Posts: 12472 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey!!! That’s not nice. I carry an APX Carry everyday at work and off of work. I trust my life w/ that little bastard. Great little gun. Eats everything I have fed it and it is accurate and very comfortable to shoot for a gun it’s size. I also believe it has one of the better striker fire triggers out there. So does it’s full size brother.

Do you have any first hand experience w/ it or is this just what you have heard from the mall ninja/keyboard commandos wandering around the gunshop?

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is the A1 Carry is a single stack, small version of the APX.

Are you saying they’re making a full size single stack? I kinda want an APX just because, but if single stack I do not want.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1861 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
No, this looks like they got rid of the controversial slide serration and went with angled traditional ones. Also, it’s optic ready. Interesting…

Posts: 1354 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I’m a big Beretta fan but I’ll stick with my 92. Another polymer framed striker fired pistol just doesn’t do anything for me. They’re all more alike than different. I don’t see what this does that a Glock doesn’t do.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link no work

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link that doesn't lead to Facebook bullshit?

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/beretta-apx-a1-carry

Hmm. Beretta's response to the P365 and Hellcat, maybe?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Which I think came last summer. Really not clear what OP has.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1861 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link worked for me and showed a magazine cover with a standard sized APX "A1". I googled it a bit and could not find other references to it. I've got a couple APXs and they are alright. My big concern wtih an A1 is parts compatibility and therefore continued support for the older guns. The APX is a chassis based gun so perhaps it will just be a grip/slide change.

Posts: 5165 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:

Hey!!! That’s not nice. I carry an APX Carry everyday at work and off of work. I trust my life w/ that little bastard. Great little gun. Eats everything I have fed it and it is accurate and very comfortable to shoot for a gun it’s size. I also believe it has one of the better striker fire triggers out there. So does it’s full size brother.

Do you have any first hand experience w/ it or is this just what you have heard from the mall ninja/keyboard commandos wandering around the gunshop?

I am not happy with the A1 Carry just for the fact that it is still a Nano with a DA trigger. If you are going to call it an APX, give it an APX trigger. Other than that it is fine. I have the Nano and the old APX Carry and now an APX A! Carry, it is better, but I'd rather the full-size trigger pull.

Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Which I think came last summer. Really not clear what OP has.

Fullsize APX A1, basically gen 2 of the APX full-size.

APX A1 Carry is the small single stack version based on the Nano, which came out last year.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I just brushed through the website, but that seemed to be the only one they had listed in their "pistols" section when I did.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked the Centurion I shot, but I sometimes wonder if Beretta is trying to compete with SIG on model designation confusion.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of the little APX A1 Carry’s a few weeks ago and got it out to the range yesterday. It is absolutely tiny for a 9mm, and 100% reliable, but it does have a very long trigger pull. I suppose the long trigger pull is good for those who might want to carry it in a cheapie holster. Mine has the FDE frame and I picked it up on GB for $295 plus shipping and tranny Wink. Very happy with it for $300-ish …

Posts: 433 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
I’m a big Beretta fan but I’ll stick with my 92. Another polymer framed striker fired pistol just doesn’t do anything for me. They’re all more alike than different. I don’t see what this does that a Glock doesn’t do.

Amen!!! I wish Beretta and S&W would do what sig did with the P320AXG then I would be a little more interested!

Posts: 3 | Location: NC | Registered: April 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post