SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Perceived recoil on a all steel P229 vs aluminum frame P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perceived recoil on a all steel P229 vs aluminum frame P229 Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I've got a P229 stainless elite P229 chambered in 40 S&W. How different or noticeable is the recoil on the stainless frame vs a standard P229?

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A 10-ounce difference between a steel frame SIG and an alloy frame one might not sound like much, but it does make a difference.

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
no experience with a 229 steel, but a friend had a 226 all stainless, it was heavy enough that shooting 9mm was almost like shooting a 22lr, very little felt recoil using most brands of ammo,

he nicknamed the gun the Laser since it hit what ever you pointed it at

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple physics. The additional weight makes a difference. You notice both the additional weight of the pistol in your hands and the reduced recoil.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Apples & bananas

But the closest I've done back to back
P320C in 357Sig
Stoeger Cougar in 40S&W

The Cougar was like shooting a 22lr compared to the plastic 357Sig.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
The Cougar was like shooting a 22lr compared to the plastic 357Sig.

I regularly shoot my PX4 Compact side by side against both metal and other polymer framed pistols. The PX4, based on the Cougar, is always a bit softer shooting based on the rotating barrel design.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is going to make a lot of difference. That is a big weight difference.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post